Home Insurance Cashback Success

Comments

• k8vin
    k8vin Posts: 36
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    2 Days ago I used quidco to save on both my Buildings and Contents, I usually shop around for the cheapest combined policy however confused.com, said I may save money by buying my buildings and contents seperatly, so I checked it out, I got the cheapest quote and used Nationwide, accepted the policy for buildings only of £93, got £85 back via Quidco, Then used ASDA for my contents got a quote for £79 accepted it , Got £68 back via Quidco, They both tracked and validated the same day on Quidco, Total Cost for 4 Bed Detached £19. £500000, Buildings Cover with Accidental Damage, £40000 Contents Cover with Accidental Damage. Although I didnt make money my renewal quotes were coming in at £300 + so saved myself over £280. TRY IT, IT WORKS!!!

HOW TO DO IT

Please use the comparison websites find the cheapest price, Search for Buldings and Contents together, then Buildings and Contents seperatly, (Trust me it make take an additional 10 Min but the savings are fantastic, its not always best to take a combined policy) "BUT DO NOT BUY FROM THE COMPARISON WEBSITE", then go to Quidco and click on the link for that said company i.e. ASDA INSURANCE, NATIONWIDE ect and get a new quote and buy that way. You get the same quotes as the comparison websites and YOU GET THE CASH BACK FROM QUIDCO, JOB DONE.
  • Hiya,

I recently bought two insurance policies using Quidco and MrsCashBack, totalling £150, and it should be noted that the insurance companies are now trying to wiggle their way out of paying the cash back.

The reason given is that they have new software to weed out duplicate referrals from sites, so if you use a comparison site and then go and use a cashback site, the comparison site will get the referral and your cashback will be declined.

Churchill have declined my £80 cashback on a £100 policy, and my nationwide policy is waiting as 'untracked' ie it didn't pick up my cashback when I signed up, my insurance was £270, and I would not have taken this policy if I was not going to get the cashback, I'm not convinced that it will be approved!

So beware, you only get the cashback if you do not shop around and only search through the cashback site, meaning you cannot be sure you are getting the best deal!!!!!!!!!!

Please see this Quidco thread before you make a decision!

http://www.quidco.com/blog/?p=181

(you need to be a member of quidco I think, so a very short excerpt is here.....

There is a huge discussion on this and tips to avoid your transactions being declined too so sign up to quidco if you are not a member already.

QuidcoCarol says:
    June 23rd, 2008 at 4:55 pm
    @adrian2000, all the enquiries that have been submitted will be investigated. However, the declined insurance transactions we posted about are not the result of a tracking issue. As always, Quidco cashback is paid when we are the referral agent for a valid transaction. The point of our previous post is that using comparison sites or any other referrer can mean that Quidco will not be the referrer for the transaction. We feel it’s especially important for members to remember that now because more merchants have begun using software to eliminate duplicate referrals.

I should also point out that I have always got my cashback this way before (comparison site first, sign up with cashback after) so it is a new development in software, and it is the RBS group of companies that have introduced this first apparently.

So beware!
  • 1carminestocky
    1carminestocky Posts: 5,256
    Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    If you use a comparison site for these purposes (and I agree it's a very good idea), PLEASE make sure you clear your cookies before going through Quidco as there is a danger the comparison site's cookie is still dominant in your pc and the affliliate wonga COULD go to them and not Quidco/you! Better still, use an entirely different browser exclusively for Quidco (I use Firefox and have had no probs).
    Call me Carmine....

HAVE YOU SEEN QUENTIN'S CASHBACK CARD??
  • k8vin
    k8vin Posts: 36
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    mackatora wrote: »
    Hiya,

I recently bought two insurance policies using Quidco and MrsCashBack, totalling £150, and it should be noted that the insurance companies are now trying to wiggle their way out of paying the cash back.

The reason given is that they have new software to weed out duplicate referrals from sites, so if you use a comparison site and then go and use a cashback site, the comparison site will get the referral and your cashback will be declined.

Churchill have declined my £80 cashback on a £100 policy, and my nationwide policy is waiting as 'untracked' ie it didn't pick up my cashback when I signed up, my insurance was £270, and I would not have taken this policy if I was not going to get the cashback, I'm not convinced that it will be approved!

So beware, you only get the cashback if you do not shop around and only search through the cashback site, meaning you cannot be sure you are getting the best deal!!!!!!!!!!

So beware!

Hi,

You need to clear your COOKIE file first, they track you by cookies so ALWAYS CLEAR your cokkie file. if using IE go into tools and DELETE BROWSING HISTORY if using MOZILLA goto tools clear private data, then try, it ALWAYS works for me.

So use the comparison sites, when you are sure you have done, then clear your cookies, and then use Quidco.
  • dmackay41
    dmackay41 Posts: 114
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    Thanks Martin..excellent info from your site.

I recently received my Home Insurance renewal from Churchill for buildings and contents, and this was £466. After following your tips, I went with Lloyds TSB Insurance (after checking all 4 screenscrapers) via CashbackKings, and in real terms, obtained the same cover for only £112.

Churchill - £466
    Lloyds TSB - £232 (then £120 cashback) = £112.

Great saving of £354 for 2 hours online work!!!! Cheers.
  • Old_Git
    Old_Git Posts: 4,743
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    I used quidco and topcashback for lloyds TSB .

Neither tracked ,but I made enquiries and received £120 from topcashback .

I will receive the cash from Quidco ,its showing as added but its not paid yet
    "Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many"
  • EXPAT_2
    EXPAT_2 Posts: 76
    Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    Nationwide home insurance £93

Quidco cashback £85

Total cost for the year £8

THATS A PROPER BARGAIN :D
  • jestaminnit
    jestaminnit Posts: 45
    Cashback Cashier Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Checked the cashback sites cheapest quote for bdgs and contents £295 less £70 cashback. Went to go compare.com got fantastic cover both with accidental damge and home emergency cover. £138. the lot
  • loveday
    loveday Posts: 22 Forumite
    When we moved house, the solicitor advised against having separate buildings and contents cover because he said it can lead to insurers fighting between them as to who will pay for something...
  • Saversue
    Saversue Posts: 1,918
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Yesterday I tried to use all the cashbacksites featuring Sheilas Wheels Home Insurance from the Martin Lewis Cashback Checker. Non of them worked, each one eventually dispayed an expired note and sure enough they vanished from the Cashback Checker immediately. Have ckecked all the cashback sites, looks as if the Insurance Comanies are reducing or withdrawing lots of their offers at the moment.
    Thanks for the tip from everyone about Quidco.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback