We've made some changed to Competitions Time. Please see this thread.

Anyone had any dealings with VITAL BEAUTY

Comments

• TimeWarper wrote: »
    It turns out they are data management company and call centre. They not only process all orders for Vital Beauty but they also manage incoming mail by opening it and entering it onto computers.

I am considering sending a standard letter to the PO Box addressed to Vital Beauty and a Recorded Delivery to Emery Fulfilment requesting the removal of address details under section 11 of the Data Protection Act.
    An update for those still bombarded with mail from VB.

After my original post (#41, 18/11/2007) I thought I should let you know how I got on. I copied a standard 'cease & desist' letter (possibly from Trading Standards site) and sent three almost identical letters recorded delivery to Vital Beauty, Swiss Home Shopping, and Emery Fulfilment - all at the same address!!
    The letter:
    Dear Sir or Madam

Notice under section 11 of the Data Protection Act 1998 to cease or not to begin processing personal data for the purpose of direct marketing.

As Emery Fulfilment are the data processors and fulfilment provider for AMA Belgium (t/a Vital Beauty and Swiss Home Shopping in the UK) I am requesting that under the above act you cease, or cause to be ceased, all processing of personal data held by Emery Fulfilment for the benefit of any third party who has entered into a mailing and fulfilment agreement with you.

For legal purposes the following has been included:

I {name deleted} of {address deleted} require you to cease processing personal data relating to me for the purposes of direct marketing as soon as possible and in any event within 28 days of the date of this letter.

If you do not normally handle these requests for your organisation, please pass this letter to your Data Protection Officer or another appropriate officer.

Please note that if you fail to comply with this notice, I can apply to the court for an order against you under section 11 of the Data Protection Act 1998.

Yours faithfully

As was to be expected, nothing happened. Even popping the mail back in the box with "Receiver Deceased" did not stop them.
    Not actually being able to afford to take them to court, an evil plan began to form.....
    The mail from VB/SHS is processed by (iirc) DHLMail, so I started saving the mail. It wouldn't take long to fill a carrier bag - at which point they ALL went back into a single postbox marked as 'Return to Sender'. It took 4-5 months, but touch wood, 4 of those carrier bags seem to have done the trick.

:D
  • recieved one today saying i had won 21,500 (could of done with that) so glad i came on to check as could see no catch shall recycle and put it to good use.
    :beer:
  • 07311022 wrote: »
    I have received something in the post to tell me I have won around £6000 in some kind of prize draw. I've read and reread the letter to check all the small print, but doesn't seem to have a catch. Has anyone had any dealings or won anything like this. I sent the details off, so I've got my fingers crossed.

:mad:
    Don't keep them crossed for to long, i have had at least half a dozen " you have won", of 14,000, 16,500, 17,000, 22,000, De Dah Deh Da !!!

I am still Waiting in antisipation for at least 1 of those amounts to arrive. :confused:
  • has anyone had a letter with brochure telling them they have definately won two cheques for £8000 each common sene tells me this is a con to order anyone else had this mailshot
  • Thanks for the info on this site re-Vital Beauty.

I have recieved notification that I have won......wait for it..........£17,500

Guess where the letter has gone, yes in the shredder.
  • I Have been scammed --a fortnight ago I sent a cheque for £10 with one order from thier catalouge and was guaranteed a £23.000 cheque within a 48Hour period but the cheque never came.I chose a 1month delay option so its the bank i go to and stop the cheque and if the order comes soon I am sending it back to these unscrupulous people.
    If I can be misled by these scammers then so can almost anybody .
    These crooks need to be stopped and very soon before they do any more damage.So dont get involved with --Vital Beaughty.
  • Well I have been promised a cheque for £19,500.00. Thanks to one of the above comments I now know NOT to order anything or even waste time and energy looking at the pamphlets. Just fold it up, pop it back in the envellope and post it back to him completely blank. With any luck postal service will charge him.
    10.2009 startedclicking 16th 1free remotecontrolled extensionlead; Tesco freesims: DFW appliedfor 19th Saved £302.92 today by friend "mending" laptop I had rescued ; more freesimms : ;1 free eagashower smart (saves water);1 freebusinesscardholder;250nice businesscards;tbags; :cool:17thNovemberperfumesample;fatcheese£16.87; Get£sback £4.44:beer:
  • Got one of these today...

Third one in a week!?

Yet another marked at return to sender...
  • I think I must be special - my prize is £24,000!

These !!!!!!!s are a disgrace, if only some philanthropist would take them on. My 83 year old aunt has had her hopes up several times. She ordered a couple of catalogues as she doesn't do computers. Now she is receiving at least 6 catalogues a day in the post! What a waste of time/paper/resources/postage.
  • It seems there is no stopping this company! :cool:

- it clearly states I and only I have won £25,000 - BUT reading the small print is says "this game may appear in different forms and under different names during the whole period of it's validity"

"The winning entry for the first prize will be that which is sent before the closing date and encloses the document entitled Prize Claim Receipt.

"AMA reserves the right to cancel the Prize Draw."

So - here it is
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family