IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

TNC Parking Services and TNC Collections

Hello

My other half has been generously spammed with TNC parking services Final Demands on behalf of Town and City Parking for a "notice" issued for an "offence" prior to October 2012. I've looked up letters on here and found them to look pretty similar to those in the letter thread. We have been ignoring them as advised. She's now got one from TNC Collections on behalf of Eden Springs UK for over £700. Seeing as she has no outstanding debt, there isn't anything else that this can be related to. Is this just a new letter in the chain of threatograms and therefore should be summarily ignored as normal? If it is new, would you like this to be uploaded to somewhere to be added to the chain? Oddly enough, the Eden Springs letter was recieved before the latest TNC Parking Services letter which is not requesting that much.

Any advice would be appreciated, i've scoured the boards but would like a little re-assurance that this is just trying to get her to make contact.

Comments

• I wonder if this has got to you in error as Eden Springs uk are a water cooler company http://www.edensprings.co.uk/ . Still continue to ignore both would seem good advice.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Well, I hadn't actually looked that up, I know for sure that she's not bought any water coolers? Are they so cowboy that they'd even send the incorrect debt claim notice to someone completely unrelated? I'd love to see them try and take her to court for that. I'm guessing they are just trying to threaten with increasingly large amounts of money to make her call them.
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    It can't be for the same thing, these idiots are so stupid that they probably put your name onto the wrong letter. Just ignore them unless you've had actual dealings with that water company
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • halibut2209
    halibut2209 Posts: 4,248 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Are these connected? At first glance, this nonsensical Eden Springs thing seems totally unconnected.

EDIT: The reason I ask is that it might be worth telling TNC that the debt is disputed because if Eden Springs have a genuine claim against someone something (not this parking nonsense), then it might need to be nipped in the bud
    One important thing to remember is that when you get to the end of this sentence, you'll realise it's just my sig.
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Unless the driver parked in a car-park owned by Eden Springs, they probably have messed up.
  • Don't seem to be connected, just sent out from another face of the same TNC group. Seems like they've sent to her in error. They didn't even list an offence in this letter that was supposed to have been commited. Can we get them for harrassement or something ?:)
  • Blank_space
    Blank_space Posts: 10 Forumite
    edited 28 January 2013 at 10:30PM
    Out of interest, should references to this company be removed so they can't see/track this and try get hold of details from here?

Sorry, got my paranoid head on now :/
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Most likely the debtor letter for Eden Springs was meant for a company whom genuinely owes Eden Springs money for water coolers/water bottles. Probably sold on a "no recovery no fee basis"
  • Blank_space
    Blank_space Posts: 10 Forumite
    edited 28 January 2013 at 10:32PM
    Are we likely to continue to get hassled for this rubbish too ? :/
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Are we likely to continue to get hassled for this rubbish too ? :/

More than likely, though they will probably get the right letter out to you, you could make a complaint to the oft over this, just tell them that it's stressed you out so much that you can't deal with the company.
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport