Sky Retentions offers

Comments

• I was genuinley going to leave for the virgin media sky switcher offer and they have given me 6 months half price TV.

Sky line rental and unlimited calls 24/7
    Sky unlimited broadband
    Sky TV 5 packs (which will be the whole lot from Sept 1st)
    Sky Sports pack
    I've cancelled the HD pack so all this comes in at under £48 a month. I am absolutely chuffed to bits.
  • parawatch
    parawatch Posts: 37 Forumite
    Well I have just this minute cancelled SKY as I was paying £21.50 per month and not really watching it enough to warrant this amount. Most of the channels I watch are on freeview/freesat.

As I have never asked for any "deals" / "sky box upgrades" I was told that as a customer with them for 12 YEARS (yes, they told me that) and still using the old original sky digibox they could offer me:

Either a super duper SKY+HD Box (not interested, just bought myself a 500GB HUMAX freesat box which is lovely a few weeks back)

or (wait for it....drum roll please) 25% off for 12 months (so £16.13 pm).

Well how about that for 12 YEARS of loyalty.....so I told them politely NO THANKS!! and will be SKY free in 31 days time :j:j
  • parawatch
    parawatch Posts: 37 Forumite
    Forgot to mention the SKY phone number I called was 0800 046 6434.
  • parawatch wrote: »
    Well I have just this minute cancelled SKY as I was paying £21.50 per month and not really watching it enough to warrant this amount. Most of the channels I watch are on freeview/freesat.

As I have never asked for any "deals" / "sky box upgrades" I was told that as a customer with them for 12 YEARS (yes, they told me that) and still using the old original sky digibox they could offer me:

Either a super duper SKY+HD Box (not interested, just bought myself a 500GB HUMAX freesat box which is lovely a few weeks back)

or (wait for it....drum roll please) 25% off for 12 months (so £16.13 pm).

Well how about that for 12 YEARS of loyalty.....so I told them politely NO THANKS!! and will be SKY free in 31 days time :j:j
    Hi, that box you have dumax, does it simply plug into the sky dish with connector as same as a sky hd box would, as in would the sky wire fit into this box or do you need new wires, sorry to hijack but fed up of my sky hd box that freezes so often?
  • richytay1
    richytay1 Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I cancelled in may at the end of the footy season. I've got an offer now of 12 months sky for half price just in time for the new season. :T:j
  • iceburn
    iceburn Posts: 680 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 20 June 2022 at 9:25AM
    Deleted_User. My dad told me he was swapping in couple weeks on the same deal and I was like what the .. So called sky up and ask what deal they can do for him (oh do u have the website since would like to look at it again at my house. Also by any chance have anyone also got the offer link for people who used to have cable in their house.. Since would like to look at it and see if worth while for me and my wife get it. (at full price or even package my dad is getting it not all we would be interest mainly is Internet between £10-£25 a month)

This is the deal we got (and my dad still going to virgin god knows why think it was a cracking deal!!)

Two new sky+hd with hd subscription,
    since he got three package at the moment, Free upgrade to 6 pack (entertainment plus next month),
    telephone line, unlimited anytime call to uk and 20 international countries,
    Unlimited broadband
    Free install
    Price fix until august 2012

Or for £55 a month!!!

From what I gather virgin offer include espn TiVo and mobile but no calls aboard but cost £42.50 first 6 months and than next 12 months £65. Think sky is a better deal but ::shugs::
  • Well, I'm trying this tomorrow, so I'll see what they offer. I'm not scared of giving them 30 says notice to call their bluff. (I think lol)

Rocket.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hi, that box you have dumax, does it simply plug into the sky dish with connector as same as a sky hd box would, as in would the sky wire fit into this box or do you need new wires, sorry to hijack but fed up of my sky hd box that freezes so often?

Any Freesat PVR box is a straight swap for an existing Sky box, just swap the 2 F connectors over, assuming that you already have the twin feed for Sky+.
    NB: it's Humax, not Dumax.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • Right, to update, rang up said I was going to leave etc, nice lady gave me:

6 months half price everything and ESPN free for 3 months
    reduced my broadband cost by a £5

and has given me a free Sky HD+ box with free fitting.

Smashing!

Rocket.
  • Sessie
    Sessie Posts: 364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    GRRRR I am FUMING!! :mad:

Have just phoned them about getting a new box and remote as ours are more than showing wear - the box sticks on recorded programmes and loses parts of them often and some of the remote buttons don't work now PURELY through use, nothing wrong with the remote - as we've had them for YEARS.

Apparently they "don't do" just Sky+ boxes now, you have to get HD. So, I asked, what if you don't HAVE an HD TV? Ah well, you get the HD box still but you just don't pay for the HD packages BUT... you pay more for the box!!

Waitwaitwait... I don't have an HD TV because I can't afford it (plus I don't think it's worth it, I don't really want to see newsreaders' pores thank you very much!) so I have to pay MORE than someone who does? Apparently YES.

So I speak to someone in the "I want to cancel" department who, in a nice smarmy voice, tells me he TOTALLY agrees with me and there's bound to be something he can do.... "has a look on his computer" *yeah sure he does, like he doesn't KNOW what he can offer* and says yes, there is something... but he needs to speak to my husband. Oh I'm sorry, I'm living in the twenty first century, have Sky not got there yet?

I tell him that on EIGHT separate occasions in the past my husband has spoken to them and told them that as he works crazy hours, they can speak to me about ANYTHING. Apparently that's not good enough and he needs to do it again. What, for the NINTH time? What good will that do when the other eight have counted for nothing?!

On another note, guess whose account the direct debit comes out of? Mr Sessie's or mine? You guessed it, mine! But they still can't talk to me or agree anything, it has to be him. I tell them, truthfully, that at present, he is going out at 6 am and coming in at past 10 pm at night.... "well, we're open until 11pm....". Yes and after a sixteen hour day, coming in at 10.30 pm he's REALLY going to want to ring Sky isn't he?

Now before someone starts telling me about Data Protection etc.. I know... I work for a Solicitors. But only a couple of months ago they agreed WITH ME to downgrade our package when we were trying to siphon some extra cash from utilities here and there and before that, I have ordered PPV movies, a new digibox card... etc etc...

So I believe they're going to try and soft-soap HIM when he's tired after a long day and realised that unless they reward our loyalty staying with them for over ten years by being reasonable about the price for a new box (ie; not penalising us for not having something) I will cancel (or will I? They probably won't take that from me!!).

Methinks we will be looking for a Freeview box this weekend....
    Sealed Pot 5 number 1544
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport