Newcastle Upon Tyne - Charity / Second Hand Furniture shops

Don't worry, this isn't a begging post.

My cousin (who lives in Newcastle) has recently had a house fire and lost the vast majority of his belongings. Luckily he's fine.
Unfortunately the idiot didn't have contents insurance and is going to have to replace his stuff with what savings he has.

Does anyone know any good second hand furniture shops / charity shops / discount stores etc to get some bits and bobs from? Have told him to try EBay for clothes etc (all that was left were on his back).

Cheers.
Life in this world is, as it were, a sojourn in a cave. What can we know of reality? For all we can see of the true nature of existence is, shall we say, no more than bewildering and amusing shadows cast upon the inner wall of the cave by the unseen blinding light of absolute truth, from which we may or may not deduce some glimmer of veracity, and we as troglodyte seekers of wisdom can only lift our voices to the unseen and say humbly "Go on, do deformed rabbit again.....it's my favourite". © Terry Pratchett in "Small Gods"

Founder member of the Barry Scott Appreciation Society

Comments

• STMJob
    STMJob Posts: 17 Forumite
    There's loads of charity shops in Newcastle, there are always a good 2 or 3 on each high street.

There is a shop in North Shields (can't remember the name) that sells reconditioned electricals and furniture very cheaply, my friend got a reconditioned fridge freezer from there for £25.
  • janeytel
    janeytel Posts: 58 Forumite
    http://www.northumberlandlife.org/revive-furniture/

This is a charity who do up unwanted furniture and sell it on low cost. It's about 10 miles from Newcastle.
    Smootchie Bootchies!
  • Hi

We may eb able to help with second hand goods for you, we have allsorts of second hand items both online and in our studio.

Come visit one day Opening days are Wed/Thu/Sat/Sun between 11am-5pm

For more info check out our website recycle your furniture newcastle

Recycle Your Furniture
    Unit 1
    1 Stepney Road
    Ouseburn / Byker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    NE1 2PZ
  • Claire_Bear
    Claire_Bear Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    I'd suggest trying ebay for furniture too, we just moved from a fully furnished student house to a completely unfurnished house, and managed to get most stuff from ebay or freecycle. We got a desk for £2.20, a sofa for £6.50, another sofa and a double bed from freecycle, a fake leather reclining computer chair for 99p, and a fridge freezer for £20. We hired a van for a weekend and arranged to pick it all up. You'd be amazeed at what you can get on there :)
    D'you know, in 900 years of space and time, I've never met anyone who wasn't important
    The Doctor
    Taste The Rainbow :heartsmil
  • leed
    leed Posts: 184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Try freecycle at http://uk.freecycle.org/ you need to register for the group in your area and then can either see what is being offered (for free) or can put a posting requesting stuff. They do like people to offer goods first but in the circumstances ...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure