When should I receive redundancy pay?

I was made redundant earlier this year but have yet to receive any payment, the company is still trading. When should I receive my redundancy pay and payment in lieu of notice? Some people tell me I should have received it on my last day, others say its payable whenever the next pay day is. Can anybody clarify this for me?

Comments

• kwikbreaks
    kwikbreaks Posts: 9,187 Forumite
    I imagine it should be in your final pay packet.

When my job was made redundant some years back mine was.

Sorry to be pedantic - people are not made redundant - jobs are.
  • Really2
    Really2 Posts: 12,397
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    kwikbreaks wrote: »
    I imagine it should be in your final pay packet.

When my job was made redundant some years back mine was.

Sorry to be pedantic - people are not made redundant - jobs are.

Did he say anything about that? People are made redundant when a position is made redundant fool. Do you know what the term redundant means?

Sorry for his rudnes he is one of the resident fools on the Housprice board.;)

But he is right if the company is still runing it should be in your final wage packet.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I would expect all redundancy money to have been paid out with my last payslip and P45.

Have you received your P45?
  • Jorgan_2
    Jorgan_2 Posts: 2,270 Forumite
    I would expect all redundancy money to have been paid out with my last payslip and P45.

Have you received your P45?

No, not yet.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Jorgan wrote: »
    No, not yet.
    You say "earlier this year" and it's now the 11th day of the year, so if you mean "last week", then I'd expect it all to happen on the normal next pay date. So, if you were paid monthly, it'd be at the end of January.
  • scottn
    scottn Posts: 166 Forumite
    are you paid monthly or weekly?

if an employee leaves through redundancy mid month, it would be standard pratice to receive payment either on their leaving date or on the next normal salary run - e.g. the end of that month. It will depend on company practice. What was said during your consultation?
  • LisaLou1982
    LisaLou1982 Posts: 1,264
    Chutzpah Haggler
    Forumite
    Hiya

Normally this is paid the month after your last pay check. - sometimes by cheque although other times by bacs.
    £2 Savers Club #156! :)
    Looking for holiday ideas for 2016. Currently, Isle of Skye in March, Riga in May, Crete in June and Lake District in October. August cruise cancelled, but Baby due September 2016! :j
  • Hi
    Firsty post on here i would just like to share my experiance with you all.
    Made redundant on 1-10-08 after 20 years sevice no payout as firm ceased trading.I was 48 at the time
    You only have 6 months to sort the money out.
    If your employer is paying you you should get it within a few weeks but make sure you mither them.
    If no joy you must send them recorded letter telling them what you are entitled to ie Notice, Holiday pay, Redundancy the citizens advice will work it out if you struggle give them 14 days to reply then write again if no reply within 30 days you can take them to Industrial Tribunal I did and won

TODAY 11.00pm AWARDED £7500 REDUNDANCY FROM NATIONAL FUND PLUS ANOTHER £5000 IF THE COMPANY FOLDS IN THE NEAR FUTURE
    :beer:
  • adr0ck
    adr0ck Posts: 2,374
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    does anyone actually know the legal time limits then?
  • My OH was told his redundancy payment would be within 28 days of leaving the company and his enhanced redundancy within 28 days of receiving a signed compromise agreement.

Does your confirmation letter have any details on it?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure