The "Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2012" challenge - PART 3!!!

Comments

• loubie_lou
    loubie_lou Posts: 1,368
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I get paid christmas eve this year, but I have enough money to buy the rest of my pressies. It will be a good thing to get to 50% before the big day :)
    In debt no more!
  • his_missus wrote: »
    Crikey Fallen, that's a long time between paydays :eek:

It's awful and it's my Mam and I's birthdays in between this time. I have a buffer set aside but I'd rather not use it. I'm hoping that OH gets a good wage these two months as he's just started a new job and will hopefully be in 40 hours a week. It's a long time since he worked full time hours due to being off sick at his old place.
    HSBC CC - £3000 / £3000
    Halifax CC - £1032.77 / £1032.77
    Mortgage currently at [STRIKE]£82,299.71[/STRIKE] £76,017.62 would love to overpay
  • choclover
    choclover Posts: 522 Forumite
    I think hubby gets paid on the 21st (1 week early) and I don't think mine will change so will be the 28th. Then in Jan, we'll both get paid on the 25th so I don't think it will seem too bad.

On the emergency/contingency funds - this is something I would love to do, but something that I've not been able due to the massive amount of debt we have. Hubby was quite ill a few years back, he needed an op and was in hospital for a week and was then signed off for 6 weeks. Even though he got some sick pay from his company and obviously some statutory too, I found it was the little extras that were costly - parking and TV at the hospital, food for his special diet when he came home etc. It really eat into my savings that I had - but were set aside for this kind of thing - but it annoys me that I haven't been able to build it back up, but I suppose I'd rather chuck everything I can at my debts and if need be borrow some money from family if anything like that were to happen again.
    £2013 in 2013 £866.71/£2013
    DF by Xmas 2013 #027£841.28/£6000 (14.02%) 12/2
    DFD February 2015 £2,303.63/£19,520.26 (11.80%)
  • SpagBol
    SpagBol Posts: 1,371 Forumite
    Ooooh just got out of bed to change the telly downstairs,put on my dressing gown and found half a bar of Diary Milk :j:j:j:j:j:j:j don't know how long it's been there but golly it tastes good :D

Fantastic :T:T:T

Snow has vanished now so I dragged DS to ikea (we need a blind for our spare room as my dad is coming to stay for xmas. Bought said blind for £16, lightshade for £2, some hama-beads-alike for about £6 (Last xmas pressie for DS) then a milkshake for DS for £1 as he was a very good boy. Not bad I thought! I got 2 cinammon doughnuts for 15p too!
    DMP started Oct '17: £79,974 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
  • choclover
    choclover Posts: 522 Forumite
    On a lighter note it's sooooo cold! I've had the heating on for an hour now and I still feel cold and it's just got really dark outside I've had to put the lights on! Definitely feeling like it's winter now.

Note to self - "I must wash my slippers!"
    £2013 in 2013 £866.71/£2013
    DF by Xmas 2013 #027£841.28/£6000 (14.02%) 12/2
    DFD February 2015 £2,303.63/£19,520.26 (11.80%)
  • SpagBol wrote: »
    Fantastic :T:T:T

Snow has vanished now so I dragged DS to ikea (we need a blind for our spare room as my dad is coming to stay for xmas. Bought said blind for £16, lightshade for £2, some hama-beads-alike for about £6 (Last xmas pressie for DS) then a milkshake for DS for £1 as he was a very good boy. Not bad I thought! I got 2 cinammon doughnuts for 15p too!

I love a bargain too :j:j:j
    Life's little instructions- Treat everyone you meet like you want to be treated..Watch a sunrise at least once a year..Strive for excellence not perfection:j
    £2 SC no.70 £140/£350
    SPC no.73 SPC9 £248 SPC10 target £250
    DFBX12 No. 069 £7719 / £7719 DEBT FREE 30/11/12
    2013 mfw No.4 MORTGAGE FREE 5/8/13
  • Lots of snow here, not looking forward to getting to work tomorrow :(
    HSBC CC - £3000 / £3000
    Halifax CC - £1032.77 / £1032.77
    Mortgage currently at [STRIKE]£82,299.71[/STRIKE] £76,017.62 would love to overpay
  • CW2
    CW2 Posts: 113 Forumite
    Hi all,

Quick update from me:

#003 £10,948 / £12,459

Keep going everyone, not long until 2013 now..:)
    CW2

Debt at LBM (31.05.11): £16,750
    Debt Free Date 22.12.12 :j
    Saving for a house deposit: £5,003 / £15,000 target
  • I've been meaning to get my brakes done for ages, but didn't have time to get round to putting it in. Well, today I was forced to as I had some car troubles this morning... It feels like the handbrake has stuck, but I will have to wait til tomorrow to find out what's up. Lets all please keep our fingers crossed that it's not going to be anything expensive!!!

If not I'm all set to go into the bank at the weekend to reduce my overdraft enough so that both bank accounts will be in the black, at least for a few [STRIKE]minutes[/STRIKE] seconds each month!
  • Hi guys, sorry its been a while.
    Kerri, so sorry to hear about your Grandad, sending ((((((HUGS)))))) your way.

mf0u1098 wrote: »
    Suzitiger – do you think you’ll be able to make it to £800 hun? Come on, you can do it!!!
    Thanks for the huge update Jemma!!
    Yesssss I can and I will, next year is going to be so hardcore, I can't waitm Bring it ONNNN!!!

SpagBol wrote: »
    OD wise my spanish bank OD has gone from £800 to £0 and my NW OD from £2500 to £500. DH still has £3500 and we have the joint account OD of £5000 :eek: The target there is get mine down to £300 and then pay off joint OD (down to £300 also) by the end of February. Then his over the next few months. (By the way...The interest on our ODs was costing us £2.5k a year :eek: That's our foreign holiday covered every year when we are DF :T )I have given up my second job so losing about £500 a month but I have business ideas to start in January to cover that shortfall :)

We are so grateful to you and everyone on this challenge, you have given us our lives and our future back :beer: This challenge is AMAZING and I will be back next year for sure. ...I have just read the December Debt Destruction thread and although it looks really harsh...it's how we've spent the whole year.

So SO amazing Spagbol, you have done so well this year, just look at what you have paid off!! :eek: Are you starting to feel the benefits?
    I have definatley looked death in the face and it's not nice, but I've learnt that we need to tell our loved one's that we love them because no one knows what's round the corner. Feeling quite emotional -sorry.
    Anyway it seems a little irrelevant now but we will be debt free at midnight, when our last DD payment goes out to NR.

No.069 £7719 / £7719 = 100%

Oh my GOSH lemon, all sounds very scary, but congrats on your weight loss, it must be nice to know it has gone and now you can focus on getting better :o Super big congrats on becoming Debt free!! Pat on the back for youuuuuuu :T
    Don't turn a slip up into a give up:D
    *NSD Challenge Nov 0/10* *£10 a day challenge Nov £0/£300*
    No buying unnecessary toiletries challenge-in it for the long haul
    :D

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business