Folkestone Sunday Market 23rd May onwards

chalkysoil
chalkysoil Posts: 1,662 Forumite
Folkestone Sunday market will be on the seafront on the site of the old Rotunda from May 23rd onwards.
This used to be the biggest and best Sunday market in the South East. Clothes, shoes, groceries, butcher, green grocer, catering, phone accessories ... bargains :j

Free parking on the site :) Sea views! Nearby kids adventure playground and cliff walk. The leas cliff lift has started up again.

Comments

• Kingsd316
    Kingsd316 Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Wow thanks, i use to go there all the time, spend some money in the dome first of course, thanks for letting us know
    :beer:
  • chalkysoil
    I saw a guy giving out flyers yesterday. It'll be so nice to have some life on the sea front. The amusements have all long gone though. Loads of nice pubs nearby :beer:
  • Mathew
    Mathew Posts: 560 Forumite
    Blimey that brings back memorys! That 'Spliffy' and 'Naf Naf' gear they used to knock out was legendary!
    I hope the butchers have the required banter to make it what it was!
  • chalkysoil
    last time I was there before it shut, the greengrocer gave me a carrier bag full of avocado pears for a quid, really hope he's going to be there:)
  • Kingsd316
    Kingsd316 Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    We stopped going when they closed the dome and the theme park was just in tatters, seem to remember there was only the outside ring of stalls there which was a shame, looking forward to going back!
    :beer:
  • Hi, i'm the chap that was handing out leaflets, we are having a great response from traders and customers alike and we look forward to seeing everyone there, let's try to get the market back to the glory days when it was the best market around, Folkestone needs something like this!
  • chalkysoil
    Hi, i'm the chap that was handing out leaflets, we are having a great response from traders and customers alike and we look forward to seeing everyone there, let's try to get the market back to the glory days when it was the best market around, Folkestone needs something like this!

Hi! I'm the woman who was hanging around drinking coke and talking to you about the rate per sq foot! I said I'd put it on the web!
  • chalkysoil
    the weather is brilliant, see you there :j
  • Gabesmum
    Gabesmum Posts: 69 Forumite
    What time will this start and does anyone know if there'll be the doughnut seller? My husband used to love getting hot, fresh doughnuts on a Sunday morning.
  • chalkysoil
    it's open now. not sure which stalls are there cos it's the first day, about to leave home to go look, and have a paddle afterwards :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure