Changing from BT to PO Home phone, Line Faults??

2»

Comments

• pawpurrs
    pawpurrs Posts: 3,910 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I didnt realise you couldnt use P O phone to reroute, however as a low user, i am thinking it may still be worth my while as, you get £30.00 for going through quidco and £50 credit for your bill, equating to £80.OO for the period that you have to stay with them, which for the 6 mths you have to be with them, means free line rental, and £20.00 towards calls? My BT bill is £8.00 for calls per month, so if the charges were the same as bt means that 6 mths phone bill would cost me £20.00, making it a good option for me, am I right?
    Pawpurrs x ;)
  • utilitybroker
    utilitybroker Posts: 2,207 Forumite
    pawpurrs wrote:
    I didnt realise you couldnt use P O phone to reroute, however as a low user, i am thinking it may still be worth my while as, you get £30.00 for going through quidco and £50 credit for your bill, equating to £80.OO for the period that you have to stay with them, which for the 6 mths you have to be with them, means free line rental, and £20.00 towards calls? My BT bill is £8.00 for calls per month, so if the charges were the same as bt means that 6 mths phone bill would cost me £20.00, making it a good option for me, am I right?

Less then £5 a month seems to be the point at which you gain. You dont get any credit till the 2nd and 3rd bill which could be up to 9 months.

I quote MSE Martin.

"Light Users (If your BT bill is under £5 for calls made)

If you make very few calls, line rental cost is more important than call cost. Join Post Office Home Phone* before the end of March 2006 and it gives £50 credit towards both line rental and call charges. Its calls aren’t cheap, so higher users should ignore this, However for those who are spending less than £5 a month (on a main provider) this is a good deal.

The £50 credit is paid on the 2nd and 3rd bills, which you will receive in the 3rd and 6th months, thus you need have the phone for six months to qualify. Thus you could simply use up the £50 then ditch it and switch to the cheapest calls provider after that."
  • pawpurrs
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Yes but martin does not take in to account the £30 form quidco.

Skipton, yes you would def be better off.
    Pawpurrs x ;)
  • skipton
    skipton Posts: 676 Forumite
    This is probably not the place to ask but what is quidco?
  • utilitybroker
    utilitybroker Posts: 2,207 Forumite
    pawpurrs wrote:
    Yes but martin does not take in to account the £30 form quidco.

Of course. :D
  • pawpurrs
    Combo Breaker First Post
    https://www.quidco.co.uk use them to go though for all internet shopping and utility swaps and they give you cash back, its excellent. if you swap to po home phone you get £30.00
    Pawpurrs x ;)
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    pawpurrs wrote:
    www.quidco.co.uk use them to go though for all internet shopping and utility swaps and they give you cash back, its excellent. if you swap to po home phone you get £30.00
    But beware - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=167808
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • pawpurrs
    Combo Breaker First Post
    If you move and use 1899, or the like though, wont you still be saving a lot, unless of course they withdraw the right to use that kind of service?
    Pawpurrs x ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport