Employer Withholding Wages

2»

Comments

• Mudd14
    Mudd14 Posts: 856 Forumite
    Employers like this drive me insane, as a HR Manager I treat employees properly, well I like to think so!

I would say something like.....

I am writing to you to raise a formal grievance, as I have now left my employment I would like to use the modified grievance procedure.

Explain what happened, ie you gave notice, came into work, told to go home, told you have been sacked.

Due to the above mentioned points my grievance is in relation to unfair dismissal, unlawful deduction of wages, failure to give sufficient notice, failure to pay accrued holiday. As this issues are of a serious nature I would appreciate your prompt reply. Under the statutory grievance guildines I look to meet with you to discuss my grievance.

Should I not hear from you I may be forced to seek further legal advice.

It may be worth giving them the option to settle the outstanding issue. ie work out how much notice you are entitled to, holiday pay, 3 hours you worked and ask to send you on this money. I would even ask them for an extra £250 at least to drop the issue of unfair dismissal. Or though this may be used after you have met with them or the 28 days is up!
  • needaspirin
    needaspirin Posts: 1,208 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    Unfortunately unfair dismissal cannot be claimed unless the employee has worked for 1 year or has been dismissed for asking for statutory rights, or for discriminatory reasons. This is not the case here but the poster should still write a grievance letter based on the above example. If there is no satisfactory response within 28 days he/she can contact ACAS (08457 47 47 47) who, under the new rules will mediate, and refer to a Tribunal if necessary.
  • Mudd14
    Mudd14 Posts: 856 Forumite
    needaspirin, your right the OP cant claim unfair dismissal! Apologise.
  • needaspirin
    needaspirin Posts: 1,208 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    Mudd14. Your post was very informative and helpful. I don't think you need to apologise!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure