PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Hoarding - A New Start

Comments

• sjprmc01
    sjprmc01 Posts: 917 Forumite
    76-95. 20 vests ironed I have 6 on the radiators each of the 3 kids are wearing one, the ones they wore yest will be in the wash and I will have others to add to that (don't think they have any in their drawers)

And, a pic of the back of my kitchen! This is the new-and-improved back of the kitchen where the table (ok half of the table) can be used and monster ironing pile does not take up the entire surface of the floor, table and top of the freezer! ( although monster ironing pile hidden upstairs is multiplying now and baby ironing pile in kitchen is halfway there)

http://twitter.com/StarSas76/status/299193007029223424/photo/1

And I know this probably isn't the optimum way for sharing pics but I'm no good at tweeting anyway so hardly use it, and its quick and simple to do it this way from my I phone!
    No more unnecessary toiletries Feb 2014 INS: 24 UU: 13. Mar 2014. INS: lost count, naughty step for me! UU: 8
  • Picklepot
    Picklepot Posts: 360 Forumite
    Done my dozen!!!!

Tough decision.. home from work..shall i read my book sit with a cup tea and 'moodle' ?? Does anyone else do this and then an hour later you wonder where the hour went??

Anhow didnt moodle took up LIR dozen challenge. Here goes:

1. 12 items of recycling into the bins in the garage.
    2. 12 items in kitchen (dumping ground) relocated to their rightful places.
    3. 12 items of paperwork weeded out of bulging file
    4. 12 items of confidential waste shredded.
    5. 12 items taken from airing cupboard folded and put away.
    6. 12 items of clothing picked up off bedroom/bathroom floor and put away.
    7. 12 items off draining board put away
    8. 12+ items put in washing machine load
    9. 12+ emails deleted from email folder.
    10. 12 items of paperwork filed
    11. 12 items deemed general rubbish - binned
    12. 12 receipts - spends listed in spends diary and then destroyed.

Yipee!! now off for cup tea and book read/moodle
  • decogecko
    decogecko Posts: 763 Forumite
    Well done all on your dirty dozen accomplishments today :T

Have a first world problem dilemma - I have for cushions that came with the sofas, they are the same fabric as the sofas but I like and have other cushions that match my colour scheme. Everytime I go to put them in a cs bag I get a serious case of the what ifs - I'm not going to use them, I have no use for them anywhere else in the house.

I'd been having pangs about giving away my collectables to the cs the other week (it was a put them in the car & take them to the cs without thinking about it) so I had a look an e of the bay to see what they were worth. Well talk about over valuing of 'things' - the prices were 99p most with no bids. This has rid me of the pangs.

Deco x
  • sjprmc01
    96. Out-a sanitary towel tin ( what is the point of these, but more to the point, why did I keep it?)
    97. Unpackaged some boots sale items creating more space
    No more unnecessary toiletries Feb 2014 INS: 24 UU: 13. Mar 2014. INS: lost count, naughty step for me! UU: 8
  • sjprmc01
    98. A washing on (courtesy of eldest dd who was playing in a box, cut herself and didn't notice and covered her school shirt in blood)
    99. Out- a ted baker candle in a glass candle holder
  • sjprmc01
    AND........100!

Youngest DD's school tights which can go straight in the bin when she takes them off coz she has managed to get a huge hole in them!
  • JayneC
    JayneC Posts: 912 Forumite
    Ok have made a start:

1) 12+ washed and dried items of clothing folded and put away
    2) 12 items of wet washing put out to dry
    3) 12+ dirty laundry items off floor and in laundry bin
    4) 12+ misc items lying around my bedroom put away in proper place
    5) 44p(multiple of 12 so I'm counting it) decluttered into my pocket from various places in my bedroom.

Also today have put several empty baby milk tins in recycling (I could paint those in nice colours and use as storage:o hmmm... said baby turned 5yo on Monday:o) and several decorative biscuit tins that would make good cake/storage tins, that have however been accumulating dust and grease on top of my kitchen cupboards for I don't know how long...probably years:o

Ok off to make some tea and then I'll be back;)
    Official DFW nerd - 282 'Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts'
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z member # 56
  • JayneC
    JayneC Posts: 912 Forumite
    Well done sjprmc01:T
    Official DFW nerd - 282 'Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts'
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z member # 56
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    sjprmc01 wrote: »
    Not sure this will work, but I've opened the cupboard of doom

http://twitter.com/StarSas76/status/299155975846367233/photo/1
    :eek: Ohhh, the pink, it burns us, it burns us!!

That looks like a fabulous walk-in larder to me. Just waiting to emerge from a pink crysalis and bloom in OS style order and loveliness.

I have to go off and clean my teeth now, which is a psycosomatic need caused by exposure to sugary pink items.....darn good job I'm not a Mum, I might have had a daughter with a pink passion and it would have been rather trying, instead of a gothette.........:rotfl:

I have taken the recycling out and am decluttering some food from fridge to plate via the stove. Nomnomnom.
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I always loathed pink unless it was shocking pink teamed with black.

Then I had DD and the house went pink overnight with all the cards and presents. Now I love baby pink, and I am more mellowed as a result.

6. 3 egg cartons into recycling. Been using up the chocolate powder again as we have visitors tomorrow and Friday. Why does DH stack them so neatly in the cupboard when there are only 2 eggs in each 6-egg box? I despair! (Shall be sending him for husbanding lessons again LIR - I got neither an engagement ring nor a kitten).

7. 3 polypockets into the correct folder.

8. 1 nappy box into recycling.

Now have to find one thing an hour before I go to bed to meet the target.
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure