buchanan clarke and wells, £126 bill i cant pay till january

hi first time getting into this kind of trouble,

basically its an npower debt from my house last year which i owed gas and electric, i emailed them saying i cant pay till my student finance gets in January. they accepted this but for some reason the gas bill was sent to BCW so i got a letter in the post from them.

fair enough i emailed them the same as npower and they emailed saying not accepting this as a payment plan, you must pay before end of December and can i provide a telephone number,(i gave them 11 digits not at all resembling a tel number) after reading on here i didn't want them calling me all over Christmas for £126 when i fully intend on paying them in January.

i understand its nothing compared to other peoples debts but...

surely they cant just say that i have to pay in December, holding my account for 1 month isn't too hard to ask is it? does this mean ill get charges?

i thought they are supposed to accept a payment plan if its reasonable?

Comments

• FireWyrm
    FireWyrm Posts: 6,557 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    No, they cant just dismiss your very valid proposal which was already agreed with NPower.

Send them a LETTER to NPower telling them that they will be paid in January and that they should recall BCW as you wont speak to them. You could also call NPower and ask them what the heck they are playing at and that you had an agreement.

Chances are, they'll recall the debt from BCW would will cease to hassle you, but you need to find out who has the debt and deal with it in a timely manner.
    Debt Free! Long road, but we did it
    Meet my best friend : YNAB (you need a budget)
    My other best friend is a filofax.
    Do or do not, there is no try....Yoda.

[/COLOR]
  • Confusion was that when I contacted npower they only ever use 1 reference number, but in the email I sent to npower I put both account numbers for both gas and electric, so it must have been a computer error or something why they didn't put both on hold...

Just had an email from them saying they have had the debt sobce November!... So I said that was less than a week ago! 1 more month cànt hurt.

I might try and see if they will settle for less then I owe if I pay them right away. Apparently they buy 60% of the debt or something don't they? Because im so glad they don't have my number by the amount of emails a d generally not getting anywhere with them.

I'll try contacting npower then, see what they can do....
  • Do you not have the confirmation from nPower agreeing to payment in January?

Call nPower....ask them to confirm your payment agreement and ask them to get the debt back so that you are not harrassed unfairly.

If you are really, really distressed about them employing debt collectors after you've made an agreement to pay them, they may even take something off the amount outstanding but don't hold your breath on that one.....;)
    ....Practically Perfect in Every Way......:grinheart
  • Emailed them to ask how much to settle early, they said: £94.59! Without any bother at all

Starting to wonder if I should let all my bills go to them, my debt with npower was for £126 so technicaly iv just made £30

Good deal I think, obviously I would want it in writing right?

Or is an email sufficient enough to trust em?

At the bottoms of the email it says the person speaking doesn't reflect the company and is their personal views. And stuff like that...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure