cash for clothes companies

have had a huge sort out, not sure if a lot is ebayable so googled some companies that pay per kilo.

they want good quality sellable clothes, how much do they check the clothes if they just weigh them at the door?

anyone used such companies or can recommend any, i am in the south east would prefer pick up.
thanks

Comments

• megzmam
    megzmam Posts: 165 Forumite
    hope this helps i had a leaflet a while ago for a company called cash for clothes, they're based around essex i think but collect all over the country i'm in yorkshire so a bit of a distance lol. they pay 40p per kilo which isn't much i suppose but its money for nothing i usually give it to my girls, just been today funnily enough!! they don't check the bags but then again the ones i'd bagged my stuff in were see through so driver could see they contained clothing and he just weighs them on a set of digital scales in back of van and works out a price for you. anyway the details on the flyer we got are as follows you have to book a collection in advance by calling 01708 689 985 or it says you can text your postcode and address to 075 1977 4277 or e-mail [EMAIL="registration@ecexport.com"]registration@ecexport.com[/EMAIL] it says they will take good quality re-usable clothing,household textiles, shoes,belts,handbags, perfumes and soft toys.
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,611 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    megzmam wrote: »
    hope this helps i had a leaflet a while ago for a company called cash for clothes, they're based around essex i think but collect all over the country . they pay 40p per kilo . anyway the details on the flyer we got are as follows you have to book a collection in advance by calling 01708 689 985 or it says you can text your postcode and address to 075 1977 4277 or e-mail [EMAIL="registration@ecexport.com"]registration@ecexport.com[/EMAIL] it says they will take good quality re-usable clothing,household textiles, shoes,belts,handbags, perfumes and soft toys.

I had a leaflet last year from "the Rag 'n' Phone man" who claim they were formerly "Cash4Clothes" but phone is 01609 780 555. Whether this is the same company I don't know, but now based in N Yorks. 40p a kilo, or £5 for 12 kilos. Plus also buy books by weight (but not 40p a kilo, much less) and mobile phones.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • lauradora
    lauradora Posts: 1,371 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Just had a visit from this guy after seeing an advert on TV I text them and organised a collection date.

He has just collected and I got £35! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Well pleased!!!!
    On a mission
  • I have just moved house and had loads to chuck out - Bedding, curtains clothes etc . Took it to Cash4Clothes and got £31.
    They also take shoes, belts and handbags at 40p per Kilo.
    Books are 5p per Kilo.
    I will be going back with more stuff!
  • Hi, I have just used the rag 'n' phone man, I had 7 bin liners of clothes, a few shoes and a couple of cuddly toys, collected from my home and I got just over £31! how I wish I had known about this before I took a load of stuff to the charity shop a few months ago using my petrol and time and gave it all away!! really nice people who came to collect too, highly recommended and I will be using their service again.
  • littlestar1981
    littlestar1981 Posts: 1,595 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    We have a cash for clothes in Bury that paid 40p per kilo... got £15 for mine. Better than nothing.

I've been on the receiving end of this, when I was in Tanzania earlier this year I went with my friend to the second hand clothes market and bought a Primark dress!!!!
    OU Student! - ED209, SDK125, DSE212, SK124, DSE141, SD226, DXR222, DD303, DD307 = BSc Psychology
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,611 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Another leaflet through the letterbox.

This one is based on local industrial estate, you have to deliver (will collect if over 200 kg, which is about 4 cwt in old money) and they want clean, dry and wearable clothing. They're paying 45p per kg, but only 2p per kg for books.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • pipo
    pipo Posts: 80 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Does anyone know what happens to the clothes these companies collect? I'm always a little bit apprehensive if these things are legit/ethical.
    Knowledge is knowing that tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad. :doh:
  • Lou3000
    Lou3000 Posts: 131 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    pipo wrote: »
    Does anyone know what happens to the clothes these companies collect? I'm always a little bit apprehensive if these things are legit/ethical.

Quite frankly, if I was just going to give these clothes to the local charity shop or pop them into the recycle thingy (16 mile round-trip) I don't care what they do with the stuff!

I wish there was something like this up in the Highlands but the nearest places seem to be Edinburgh or Scotland.

*sigh*
    I don't drink, don't smoke, don't go out - why aren't I rich?
    Don't worry, I'm working on it! :p
  • Tia_Maria06
    Tia_Maria06 Posts: 777 Forumite
    I used this company, had 10 bags of clothes and got £25. I had used the charity bags I get through the door and the chap was pleased cos they are strong. They wouldnt take bedding,towels apparently. Glad I used them as they would have only gone to the charity shops.
    He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

If you really cant knit very well, then practise drumming with the needles...

:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport