The 5k challenge!!!

Comments

• I got a surprise when I logged into my ISA I got my OnePoll payment and a Quidco payment of £2.15 :j

That takes me to £973 :D

I haven't cashed my £50 but I don't know if I cash it today if it will clear by the 21st!

So close........
  • Hi all. The latest score is £1023. I cashed the cheque and it showed instantly so I transferred it to my ISA.

Then I got home and my Aunty sent me s cheque for £40. I won't cash that unless I'm really skint she can't afford it right now :j

Anyway off to finish my wrapping x
  • I'm up to £1028 so far got £5 from a sale on EBay. I have had 3 NSD's in a row I am hoping today will be another, however works vending machine is calling me.... And I am trying to cut down dairy products to improve my voice!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year!!

GRC
  • I spent my Boots voucher I am now the proud owner of 6 months worth of shampoo, conditioner and hair treatment so that's a good start.

Put a few bits on eBay too and flat is tidier now do I won't need to do too much cleaning just hoovering and the bathroom so I am
    All good to go for Hogmanay no plans either as OH is working till 9pm and 9am on the 1st so just a quiet one this year.
  • Happy New Year!:beer:

Nothing was spent last night, we went somewhere to see the Fireworks. Had a bottle of drink that we took up to see the New Year in.

NSD yesterday overall. I am hoping to have one today as well..

Watch this space!
  • gothrockchic1
    gothrockchic1 Posts: 1,959 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Today has been a low spend day. £2.50 in total I went for a long walk so a coffee and a bus ride home. Yesterday was a NSD :)

I have been thinking about goals for 2013:

1) Have a cheap holiday - it's funny I love living in Edinburgh that I feel like I am on a permanent holiday but I'd like to go somewhere warmer.
    2) Increase my wages to £20k+. This may involve taking a course in HR or Marketing. Most jobs going in both of these areas require experience or qualifications, both of which I don't have so I may have to use my savings for a course. I would see it as an investment. Courses cost £3500 :eek:
    3) Complete this challenge, including the Save £12k in 2013 - my goal is £6k.
    4) Get my band together and start writing songs on my own.
    5) Move to a bigger flat and start saving for a deposit (this depends on OH getting a more permanent job).

Sorry for the long post. I hope everyone had a great New Year and heads aren't too sore. How is everyone doing?

GRC xx
  • Robin_TBW
    Robin_TBW Posts: 497 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Combo Breaker
    The goals seem reasonable. The only one you may struggle with is #3, but do you have to pay it all upfront? If you do then I can see that possibly affecting #5?
  • gothrockchic1
    Robin_TBW wrote: »
    The goals seem reasonable. The only one you may struggle with is #3, but do you have to pay it all upfront? If you do then I can see that possibly affecting #5?

It is £200 cheaper if you pay for it upfront. I am looking into cheaper options but it means a pay rise of £3k plus. I could save it quicker but I am paying for all of the bills when OH finishes his temp job in a few weeks time. So it is dependant on OH a lot.

Also I have told OH we are not moving until his CC is paid off so that will mean he has to get a permanent job AND pay off his CC so it may not be this year. The day after I said that I saw him made a payment on his CC. Maybe it worked.....watch this space! :D
  • gothrockchic1
    A LSD today, just spent £2.20 on postage for a package posted to my Mum.

Not news other than that....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport