Aqua Reward Credit Card - 3% cashback up to £100/year

Comments

• luci
    luci Posts: 5,955
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Uplink wrote: »
    What are the spending patterns on the two cards? Who's card is paying the household bills? Any one of you having debts? How about individual bills, like mobile phones? Any card constantly near the limit? How about constantly having a low balance? Is any of the cards used a lot more, and paid early so it can be used again before the DD is taken?

I'm interesting the broad picture for my own statistical purposes. I wonder what makes them give someone an unsolicited increase early on, but reject another one.

Both cards operated pretty much identical. We used OH's one for the first month then I started using mine. Both used for online spend, restaurants, shopping, both been used abroad. They are used as if they were 2 cards on the same account even though they are separate.

Neither of us have debts, not used to pay mobile phone bills. OH's card was within £31 of the limit and mine £36, but both paid off with a manual payment next day. Same amount of manual payments.

There is £300 difference total spend on each card between two, but they were practically the same when I was offered the increase.

No rhyme nor reason for one being offered and the other not. Just strange that mine has been used for a month less.
  • Uplink
    Uplink Posts: 246
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    DragonQ wrote: »
    My next payment date still says 26/11/2012, and my amount left to spend hasn't been updated to reflect my direct debit payment. >_>

Did the direct debit get credited on your online statement though? If yes, then it just adds to my "staple" theory.

Mine was debited from my current account and credited to my credit card on 3/12/2012 (in this case it was my bank who failed to show the DD as pending in the days prior).

Call them up. Or, if you can wait a while longer, write them a secure message (same site with the online statement) so to see if they respond with "call this number", like they did when I contacted them about Aqua Secure.
  • Uplink
    Uplink Posts: 246
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    luci wrote: »
    No rhyme nor reason for one being offered and the other not. Just strange that mine has been used for a month less.

Right... I'll see my "staple" theory and raise myself a "lottery" theory. Feels like these letters are drawn out of a hat. If this is the case, I'm crossing my fingers for one myself :D
  • luci
    luci Posts: 5,955
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Applied via the website for an increase on OH's account and received the following response today
    Unfortunately I have been unable to increase your Credit Limit on this occasion. We routinely review credit limits every 6 months and provided there has been a clear payment history in that time, an increase may be granted.

I had only been using mine for 3 months when I got an automatic increase.
  • iaintw
    iaintw Posts: 90 Forumite
    You have to wait six months and they can write a letter to you with a increase Credit limited
    You also pay them in on time
    not any problems with late payment charges
    dont apply a increase or they can tell you about the increase credit limit
    They routed your limited by 6 months time after you paid them on time etc.
    this is the credit cards companies do.
  • Started using Aqua in August and up tp £75.43 cash back earnt so far :-)

I asked for an Increase as I need to watch that I do not go over. Have ben making extra debit card payments to make sure I stay under the £500 limit. I also asked for an increase but states you have to be 6 months.

Also thinking about getting one in wifes name so we can earn more :-)
  • blitzboy
    blitzboy Posts: 477 Forumite
    Started using Aqua in August and up tp £75.43 cash back earnt so far :-)

I asked for an Increase as I need to watch that I do not go over. Have ben making extra debit card payments to make sure I stay under the £500 limit. I also asked for an increase but states you have to be 6 months.

Also thinking about getting one in wifes name so we can earn more :-)

Definitely get your wife earning it too if you spend enough. We both have this card and are both over half way there already, after 4 months. We have also already received a 100% credit limit increase (after 3 and a half months) :)
  • gener8or
    gener8or Posts: 163
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Big mess up this month, been away and forgot to transfer the required funds for the Direct debit in time.
    Missed it by 1 day and had a £12 fee, made an immediate faster payement the next day.

Rang aqua and they said no worries we can see your faster payment and refunded the £12 without even asking.

Asked them if it will affect my cashback, she said no, lets wait for the statement
  • sammyz1
    sammyz1 Posts: 119 Forumite
    I got a letter for a credit limit increase. I wouldn't say I'm a big spender. I have a limit of £250 and because my direct debit is set on the 20th of every month, it's really a case of first month £250 spent, 2nd month, maybe £50 and Third month, £200. I really need to ring them and move my DD date but haven't been bothered. Hoping with the credit limit increase, I can catch up on cashback. Am now wondering if it's ben 40 days since the letter has arrived?...

Also someone before my mentioned Page 45/45 about going over. I messed up my sums once and only had £30 left on credit and was buying...something. Short story transaction was denied. They didn't let me go over, thank god.
  • blitzboy
    blitzboy Posts: 477 Forumite
    sammyz1 wrote: »
    I got a letter for a credit limit increase. I wouldn't say I'm a big spender. I have a limit of £250 and because my direct debit is set on the 20th of every month, it's really a case of first month £250 spent, 2nd month, maybe £50 and Third month, £200. I really need to ring them and move my DD date but haven't been bothered. Hoping with the credit limit increase, I can catch up on cashback. Am now wondering if it's ben 40 days since the letter has arrived?...

Also someone before my mentioned Page 45/45 about going over. I messed up my sums once and only had £30 left on credit and was buying...something. Short story transaction was denied. They didn't let me go over, thank god.

You can just make extra payments via their website or via your bank.

My credit limit was only £250 to start with but I spent way more than that each month.

e.g. Pay £70 for fuel on Aqua card. Wait a few days for it to show on Aqua online. Pay £70 via faster payment. £250 available again :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure