Twins 1st birthday scrapbook- UPDATE. *Now finished*

Options

Comments

• shinysara
    shinysara Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    they really look very nice and lovely, i think they are a great present (just to say dont buy any clothes and toys)
  • jessejess
    jessejess Posts: 50 Forumite
    Options
    i liked them a lot too, a present for 1 year olds should be something like that, that they would appreciate one day ;)
  • kithkath
    kithkath Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    i have sth similar from my childhood and i love it! this is great emotion for the parents too
  • bucketandspade_2
    Options
    Hey I think you have done really well already and the books are great.

I made a scrapbook style picture for my sister that is framed and hanging in their house. My sister didnt know I was doing it. I asked her and her husband to describe each of the 3 children in 3 words and made a note of what she said. She assumed this was a throw away conversation. I then used these three words to decorate each of the photos along with the nickname she has for each. She loved it and I know it is really special to them all. Since then a 4th bubba has come along and they have asked if I could adapt the original to include her too (the original had a poem that I will swap out for a new photo).
    I can send you a photo of it (and some other examples) if you want but will have to be PM as I dont know how to post a photo on here!

Good luck!
  • mary43
    mary43 Posts: 5,845 Forumite
    Options
    Its amazing what you can do if you think about it.............my son did a collage of the twins from birth to five......all different photos layered together........really looked good then he did another for the Millenium with pictures of things like toys, music, tv programmes and stuff like that - things he could remember.
    Mary

I'm creative -you can't expect me to be neat too !
    (Good Enough Member No.48)
  • bedshaped
    bedshaped Posts: 949 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    on a similar theme to putting in news headlines , famous people who share their bithday, you could put what the No1 song was on the day they were born.

Your efforts are lovely & I'm sure they will be greatly appreciated.
  • qwiksave
    qwiksave Posts: 4,456 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    kisto wrote: »
    I bought the rings from my local craft shop for 10p each.

Hi, Hope you're scrapbooks are coming along nicely, I'm sure we'd all like to see the finished results...

Wondering what those rings are called, I've been trying to locate some and don't know what they are called. Googling 'rings' wouldn't be fruitful (well, it would but not the right kind of rings LOL) anybody any idea?...
    I don't want to make money, I just want to be wonderful
    Marilyn Monroe
  • Rossy28_2
    Options
    Those lovely padded material covered albums in shops look great but are so expensive. I'm sure they can be made easily.
    Can be decorated with lots of wonderful things, e.g glitter,sequins,ribbons,buttons,beads,feathers, and more.
    Anyone know the right way to start one?
  • lancstouffer
    Options
    Hi These are soo lovely and are terribly thoughtful, being really practical as I am, it might be worth popping each one into perhaps a see through tough plastic wallet or similar as hopefully they will be kept for a long time, and these would help protect them.
  • kisto
    kisto Posts: 7,075 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I am getting some super ideas from you all. :T
    bedshaped wrote: »
    on a similar theme to putting in news headlines , famous people who share their bithday, you could put what the No1 song was on the day they were born.

Your efforts are lovely & I'm sure they will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks this is a wonderful idea. I know I share my birthday with Prince Edward because someone told me when I was a child! :p
    qwiksave wrote: »
    Hi, Hope you're scrapbooks are coming along nicely, I'm sure we'd all like to see the finished results...

Wondering what those rings are called, I've been trying to locate some and don't know what they are called. Googling 'rings' wouldn't be fruitful (well, it would but not the right kind of rings LOL) anybody any idea?...

I've only done a little bit more on the scrapbooks. I'm currently waiting for some ink to arrive for my printer. I'll post some updates when I have done a bit more work on them.

Unfortunately I can't help with the name. They were outside the craft shop on a sale table with a hand written sign saying "silver rings - 10p", "coloured rings - 14p"! I wonder if you could google under scrapbook rings perhaps? :confused:
    Hi These are soo lovely and are terribly thoughtful, being really practical as I am, it might be worth popping each one into perhaps a see through tough plastic wallet or similar as hopefully they will be kept for a long time, and these would help protect them.

I think this is a very practical and sensible suggestion, thank you. I might actually buy or make a box for them instead, as they are an odd shape. I'll have to post them too so this would make them easier to mail.
    :T*Thanks to all who posts comps * :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport