PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Wednesday 5th December 2012

donny-gal
donny-gal Posts: 4,654 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 5 December 2012 at 6:51AM in Old style MoneySaving
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred.
When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

A first for me today, posting whilst in bed! DH & akye still snoring, nowhere to get up to in a hotel room. Will wake him at 7am so. We can get off OK.

TT Congrats on the job.l
Judi - The word is NO - Now practice it!!
Julie - We won't cross as we are driving, but have a good journey and a great time
BB - Pleased to hear the dogs are on the mend.
Monogran - Apart from on line shopping, Christmas prep cannot start until Monday!!
HH - they claim there are no jobs, but cannot get any to help your DH

Another one here who has a twitter I.D. as this, but don't really use it unless tennis is on.

Take care all. (((Hugs))), Spoons, Hi-5s as wanted/needed. Just grab hem. DG
Member #8 of the SKI-ers Club
Why is it I have less time now I am retired then when I worked?

Comments

• bargainbird
    bargainbird Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    Morning DG and all who follow,

DG - Safe journey x
    TT - signgoodjob.gif well done missus

It's snowing :eek:, Kids will be staying off school, both have this man flu they've caught from DH, I've slept downstairs for 2 night in the hope i didnt get it but i'm starting to feel odd, so have taken some p/tamols and vit c tablet ;).

1 PF clean for me kiddies will come, then Mr A are delivering,
    Tea will be mash cauli cheese and wrapped chicken.

Take Care my lovelies xx
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
  • Molly41
    Molly41 Posts: 4,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Good Morning x

Snowing here too but tailing off now x

Topsy - so pleased for you:T:T:T

Im trying really hard to get motivated for christmas but failing dismally atm.

Any ideas for stocking fillers for DD age 20 and DS's GF age 21 and DS's ages 16 to 21???

Also need to ask for opinions re funding for my operation? I have been turned down twice by the PCT for a neuro - transmitter to control my symptoms. Im not exceptional enough:( So instead I have decided to fund raise but have not a clue where to start?? Any ideas or pointers would be so appreciated from my OS friends xx
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
  • bargainbird
    Molly - Start here , decide on event...coffee mornings etc the get papers/tv onboard
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Morning all

Cold and frosty here but no snow :(. I love sow and would have loved it today as I'm wrapping pressies....would have been bliss to have the fire roaring and the snow falling. Ah well, I'll light the fire, stick on a Christmas DVD and open the Christmas wrapping box of brandy chocs :D (got to be some perks to the job)

DH has been awake half the night with a stuffy nose, he uses a cpap machine at night to keep him breathing but cant wear the mask when his nose is blocked. I will let him sleep on (he's all propped up) for a couple of hours.

Lunchboxes are made, hot travel mugs of tea are waiting too. DD2s bus journey to school takes 25 mins, DD1s is 2 buses and an hour and a half....they do appreciate a hot drik on the journey. Cottage pie for tea, made the mash last night so will bung the mince and bits in the SC and then make it up when I've finished wrapping.

WM and DW waiting to go on, supposed to be quite sunny today so will make the most of the free electricity.

Hope you all have a great day :snow_grin
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning All

Cold again here, the snow is frozen on the ground so driving will be interesting again today. Once we get onto the main road it's fine but our little road is just about the last one on earth to be gritted!

Off to see Mumford & Sons in Glasgow tonight, it's my Christmas pressie from DD (she's going too). Really excited, just hope this cold dies down a little.

Molly - I usually get pjs, socks (ordinary and slipper types), undies, scarf, belt, diary, a piece of jewellery for the girls, this year I have bought travel mugs too. Can't think what else at the mo.

Take care all, especially with the snow around. XX
  • esmf73
    esmf73 Posts: 1,784 Forumite
    Morning all, colds sound nasty, think I'm getting one too. Can't open my eyes this morning as all gummed up - conjunctivitis I think!! Painting the kitchen today in an attempt to get it back to working order by Christmas! Dinner tonight is sausages,might do them with Yorkshire puds. Boys will no doubt want something sweet afterwards so thinking of rice pudding!
    2014 will be all about ME!
    ( well that hasn't happened!!!)
    Mortgage free. Will be debt free in Nov 2014. Credit card £250
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Morning all,

Brrrr freezing here today, but no snow, just a little would be nice :D.

off to work for me and OH, dd is at college, rubbish needs to go out this morning, OH can do that, its too cold ;)

Curry for dinner tonight, I cooked it on Monday, and then froze it, ready to re heat today, (I dont like reheating cooked chicken unless its been frozen.) So just need to shove it in the oven, and cook the rice.

Got a work meeting at 7 tonight (for my other job) she always comes in the evening, when I want to settle down, and she is always late, so messes the evening up really, still never mind, its a well paid job.

Ok I had better get on, lunches to make,

Have good days all xx
  • topsyturphy
    topsyturphy Posts: 1,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    An early post

We Have snow - yippee
  • miffy257
    miffy257 Posts: 890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning all, no snow here but cold and damp. Off to the mad place in a while , more glue and glitter:eek: have to put washing in TD as too wet outside. Will have a quick tidy of lounge tonight as it's getting cluttered again. DH is doing DIY so tools everywhere.
    WELL DONE TOPSY.. hope your new job is fab and your employers are kind and supportive.
    Safe journey DG and BBird hope you don't get the flu. Hugs to all in need esp Molly. LW and Hilstep. Beemuzed hope hubby is doing well, went to see my friend who has breast cancer yesterday , she has had chemo and a mastectomy so is now waiting for radiotherapy. She looked very well and is so upbeat and positive. Hope you al have a good day and for those with snow stay safe and warm :):snow_laug
    £180.00 in 'sistercas'fund
    Hope is like the sun, which, as we journey toward it, casts the shadow of our burden behind us.
    Samuel Smiles
  • bargainbird
    camelot - Careful on those roads, i love mumford and sons you lucky lady (my fav)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business