PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 2nd December 2012

Comments

• Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,704
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I am in

from Wednesday, really.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Mumto5
    Mumto5 Posts: 1,838
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 2 December 2012 at 9:50PM
    I'm in Dusty, thank you.
    Well done Natty for your first week.

I'm working tomorrow. I have time to catch up this week as I lost 2 days with DS3 in hospital.

DD1 is 21 today. She is out with her new man friend. We met him yesterday at her birthday celebration. He is a big improvement on the last BF.

I'm trying unsuccessfully to pursuade DH not to put the tree up this weekend coming. I don't mind the outside lights going up next weekend but not inside. The little ones are so excited after the birthday celebrations, they are at bursting point.

I have a day at bluewater on Tuesday but am rather p'd off with being the buyer of 40 presents for F And F. DH has decided he will shop on 22nd Dec for my present. what would I give to have his simple life!
  • froddington
    froddington Posts: 6,697
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I'm in - thanks Dusty :A
    Last week went to pot!

Last MONTH went to pot here!!

Monday - living room, hallway, stairs

Level One
    Clear the floor of clutter
    Remove anything now which can give more space for putting the tree up

Level Two
    Vacuum the stairs and hallway and living room

Level Three
    Wash the windows
    Wipe the paintwork in the hallway and up the stairs

My one-a-day (or 7-a-weekend!!) extras

- Car checks (including ready for Winter things)

- Cards x2
    - Christmas lists
    - Books to school
    - Charity shop
    - Sort ottoman
    - 60 in 60 M Tu W Th F
    "There's only one way of life and that's your own" - Levellers

"I'm feeling like a Monday but someday I'll be Saturday night" - Bon Jovi
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I would like to join in this week, maybe checking the lists will help to keep me on track :D
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,646
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I'll do what I can, but it's a really busy week - Mon and Tues nights out, going down to stay with my brother Thurs night till Sat. At least I can't make any clutter while i'm not there.

Did manage a quick rifle through wardrobes and halfway through bedroom chair hotspot this evening as charity collecting bags of clothes tomorrow. Filled a bag.

Good luck and happy flying everyone.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • missymoo81
    missymoo81 Posts: 7,695
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Im in, might not be able to do things in the right order, but im definitely in for a good old tidy
  • Natty68
    Natty68 Posts: 3,328
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Thanks Dusty for the list and thank you - oops nearly thanked myself there..lol. :p Well last week I actually managed to do more than I thought, but well from Friday it went downhill. My house now resembles a building site with plaster from the old kitchen ceiling lying all over the back of the work surfaces. Unfortunately it isn't finished either as my builder friend has to come back and sand the plastering he has done on the ceiling. I am dreading that as I know it will look like it has snowed indoors then..lol Anyway I am off Christmas shopping tomorrow so I intend on shutting the front door and forgetting about it.

Plus I don't have to worry about the dinner for tomorrow night now as I put the stew on automatic timer on the cooker, so that it would be cooking while the builder was here. Well silly me forget we had a two hour power cut in the week, or last week I forget - and I hadn't changed my oven clock to the correct time. So you can guess what happened, the stew didn't come on until 7.00pm - oops! KFC it was instead. That's three days of non "normal" food (mash, veg and meat!). Oh well DH was okay about it, he actually thought it was quite funny. So the stew cooked this evening and will be put in the fridge before bed, then reheated tomorrow evening when I shall make the dumplings.

Spent some time this afternoon, inbetween all the building materials in my lounge, writing out Christmas cards to be posted abroad. Wrote my shopping list for Christmas food and also sorted the list of presents bought and to buy for various people.

DH even went outside and put up the outside lights, which he doesn't normally do until about 14th December. So I may not have any decs up indoors but we do have the lights on timer - so it looks lovely and festive now. Oh and I have a lovely little reindeer lit up in the lounge window, which looks really sweet :D The main reindeer is upstairs being rested after an emergency repair to the legs, that will go out next week end.

Oh well better head off to bed, early start tomorrow - ugh!!

Welcome back to the thread hex, great to see you.
    Welcome to the newbies :D

Hugs and spoons to everyone :D

Monday - living room, hallway, stairs
    Level One
    Clear the floor of clutter
    Remove anything now which can give more space for putting the tree up (or tidy your tree if it is up)
    Level Two
    Vacuum the stairs and hallway and living room
    Wipe and water plants
    Level Three
    Wash the windows
    Wipe the paintwork in the hallway and up the stairs

Extras
    Get yours overseas cards in the post last dates are this week

International Airmail
    Wednesday 5 December - Asia, Australia, Far East (including Japan), New Zealand
    Friday 7 December - Africa, Caribbean, Central America, Middle East and South America
    Monday 10 December - Canada, Eastern Europe and USA
    Wednesday 12 December - Western Europe

[STRIKE]Write some cards, buy any remaining 'special family ones' before the shops sell out[/STRIKE]
    Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
    Declutter challenge 2023 🏅 ⭐️⭐️
    DH declutter challenge award ⭐️
  • Oh thank goodness other people's weeks (and months!) went to pot! :rotfl:

Lisa x
  • joannasmum
    joannasmum Posts: 1,145
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I'm in again, will try to do better this week, quiet frankly it can't be worse than last week when nothing happened!
    Sorting my life out one day at a time
  • juliejim
    juliejim Posts: 7,943
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Morning All

Well I may have a smidgin of extra time to get stuff done this week but we'll have to see as I keep thinking of more things I need to do!

I suppose getting out of bed would be a good start!

Have a good day all

Hugs

Jue
    NST #10 Steps 7K 2/30 10K 2/12 5 a day 3/30 NSD 0/20
    MBNA £5500
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts