Gift baskets

Options
2»

Comments

• celyn90
    celyn90 Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    Options
    I tend to get hold of cellophane in catering shops (the ones that sell icing and sugarcraft things) - it's much cheaper than in the art and craft stores and you can usually buy rolls of it. Also - if you want to tie the tops up, plain raffia looks nice (cheap in wilkinson garden section or garden centres) or florist ribbon (most florists - usually buy by the metre and very cheaply too!). I agree with Miss Kitty on the bags as a substitute - I've used make-up bags and little handbags for the same thing from Primark and they looked great - they were cheaper than the baskets I could find and useful afterwards too.
    :staradmin:starmod: beware of geeks bearing .gifs...:starmod::staradmin
    :starmod: Whoever said "nothing is impossible" obviously never tried to nail jelly to a tree :starmod:
  • Jennie_2
    Jennie_2 Posts: 2,122 Forumite
    Options
    We have a nursery near us and in there they sell the rolls of cellophane - big rolls - for about £7.50. Mine has lasted ages and ages and ages. They sell the plain, with patterns (hearts, stars, flowers) and in different colours.

They also sell coloured raffia and a little goes a long way.

Ebay is great for all the accessories - flowers on wire that kind of thing.

Hope that helps!
    :dance:Sometimes I sing and dance around the house in my underwear. Doesn't make me Madonna. Never will. :dance:
  • SoozyJ22
    SoozyJ22 Posts: 3,239 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)
  • midlandsfairy
    Options
    I'd def second trying ebay... I've got some great cellophane from ebay before although dont know any of the sellers names off the top of my head, sorry.

I've bought a couple of rolls before and it was comparable in price to the local garden centre (but less of a trek to get it!)

Hope that helps a bit
    Very excited to be marrying my partner in crime for the last 7 years in September 2012 :j
    No longer a midlandsfairy... back living in the sunny south!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure