Discrepancy on my credit report

2»

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Arrow are normally very very slow getting their backsides in gear.

If you've heard nothing within a fortnight I might be tempted to email a strong reminder saying they have another 14 days after which you will consider formal action against them.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Majestic
    Majestic Posts: 89 Forumite
    edited 29 March 2012 at 9:24PM
    fermi wrote: »
    Arrow are normally very very slow getting their backsides in gear.

If you've heard nothing within a fortnight I might be tempted to email a strong reminder saying they have another 14 days after which you will consider formal action against them.

*Update*

After two weeks without reply, I sent ArrowGlobal a reminder attaching my previous correspondance. Stating that two weeks had passed and that I was now gearing up for action with the ICO & FOS should the matter continue to go unresolved, (12 days remaining notice)

Suprisingly, I received a message some 4 hours later with Arrow stating their intention (after investigation) to amend the incorrect data and to please allow 10 days for the Credit Agencies to update their files.

I'm not counting my chickens and will wait for the information to be amended before i'm happy, but I must say i'm relieved that the situation seems to have been resolved amicably.

Special thanks to fermi for (his/her) help & sound advice in persuing and rectifying this error.

Ta.
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    His. ;)

Excellent, but as you say, don't count chickens yet.

Hopefully they will stick to their word and sort it though. :)
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Majestic
    Majestic Posts: 89 Forumite
    And here endeth the thread!

Credit report was amended on the 30th, which was my last point of contact with Arrow Global. My recently updated report now has the original default date - 6 years ago next month (rather than the bogus one created by Arrow Global), so that hopefully drops off in a few weeks.

Extremely pleased indeed, as this will now mean I have a very clean slate.

Hopefully this thread will alert other board members to the shoddy handling of bought credit agreements from DCA's. And if you have any defaults, it may be worth checking if they're are registered correctly with the Credit Reference Agencies.

You may find yourself blacklisted longer than you should be!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure