RevitaDerm, Revitol, Perfect Radiance?

Comments

• I saw the advert for Rvitaderm and perfect Radiance serfum on Facebook nd ordered the "free Samples" on Oct 28th 2011. I have tried the no's to cancel but the phone cuts of so no luck. So today have been to the HSBC bank to report them .I can only say it is a disputed fraud as initially I gave them my visa details. However since the 28th Oct they have taken £280.89 from my account in just month on 5 occassions. And I discovered another payment for £79.99 . They are taking money every few days . Oh and no I hae not been sent any products. The bank have refunded my money and I have had to cancel my visa card . The bank could still take the money away from me if the company could prove that I signed up for this. However they have breached their own terms and coditions by stealing money from my account . That is what it is, theft . I have back up if the bank decide I'm not entitled to a refund an claw the money back . I have cardguard and have been told tey would help. I have been trying to contact Facebook to inform them and try to get these scammers stopped from advertising on their site . But can see how so advice woud be good . PS instead of knocking 20years off my age this company has added 20years with the worry and sending my account into the red.
  • If this helps good, I had to canel the credit card and close account with bank, stopping the card I got through on 08081683685 and received a confirmation of account closure. Felt an idiot falling for this scam, £80 per month when it is supposed to be a free trial.
  • tanmich
    tanmich Posts: 37 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ttdonline wrote: »
    If this helps good, I had to canel the credit card and close account with bank, stopping the card I got through on 08081683685 and received a confirmation of account closure. Felt an idiot falling for this scam, £80 per month when it is supposed to be a free trial.

Is this the same scam as the Anti-Aging Store, owned by COATIONMEDIA address 22100E 26th Ave, 100 Aurora, CO 80019. Billing on credit cards by CCBILL.
    Certainly sounds the same, free trial followed by unauthorized theft from accounts.
  • A week later, I have had confirmation from the Halifax that all my money has gone back into my account. Thank god! The company have offered me future 50% discount - how kind,and I get to keep any creams that should find their way to me. :j
  • "The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
    best of everything; they just make the best
    of everything that comes along their way."
    -- Author Unknown --
  • Puflet
    Puflet Posts: 58 Forumite
    I signed up for the free trial on 29th November; I HAD read the terms and conditions, but didn't see a problem as long as I cancelled within the 12/14 days cancellation period. I made a note in my diary to this effect. I'd never have given it a second thought until my bank contacted me about potential fraud within a few hours - they were actually referring to the £2.95-ish amounts which had been deducted; I wasn't worried about these, especially not as I'd received the products a couple of days later. But the bank was obviously alert to the payees!

I nipped along to the branch, and the guy on reception said that it's not unusual for scammers to request small sums initially, which enables them to check that the account's working properly, before deducting the much larger sums described by other posters here.

In the event I cancelled within the trial period by phone, received confirmation emails and also confirmation that no more money would be deducted, that my accounts with them were now closed. I was so alarmed by the experiences of others on here that, as an additional precaution, I reported my debit card to the 'Lost or stolen' helpline so it will now be blocked. I'm keeping fingers crossed.

So thank you very much to all on here for sharing your experiences. In future I don't think I'll be subscribing to anything online that doesn't take Paypal!

As an aside, though, I did check out these products on eBay. They are selling for quite large amounts of money - one of the completed listings for both Perfect Radiance and Revitaderm together showed that they had sold for £93! (Bargain, nevertheless, compared to what their 'parent' company would have charged!)

So if I were being REALLY cynical, I'd say that if you were planning to move your bank account in the near future - thing to do is order these products on the £2.95 trial, cancel within their time limit - and then put them on eBay!
  • Ell2577
    Ell2577 Posts: 15 Forumite
    I just wanted to put some peoples minds at rest if possible ......after much perseverance got the money paid back into my bank account. I really didnt think it would be put back and is such a relief. If they have done the same thing to you do not give up!
  • I can't believe I fell for this scam but I did a couple of days ago. After reading the posts on here I've cancelled the subscription by e-mail and by telephone and cancelled my credit card on the advice of my bank. The bank have advised it is still possible for the scammers to withdraw funds from my account and I need to monitor it. Thanks to everyone on this site for their posts and advice.
  • [FONT=&quot]I was taken in also, sent an email to both as shown below and got this reply. It was an expensive education. Hope this helps

Kathleen

Dear Customer,
    We thank you for your email.
    As requested, we have cancelled your account. You will receive an automatic cancellation confirmation e-mail within the next 12-24 hours.
    We hope that you will continue to use the product you have received. We are confident you will see the results you desire. Please note that you will still receive any product that has already been sent to you. However there will be no further charges to your account
    At any point in the future, should you change your mind, please contact us and we will gladly reinstate you into our program at a 50% recurring monthly discount.

Should you have any more questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service Department by phone (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) toll-free from Australia at 0011 1 (855) 843 3434 and from New Zealand at 00 1 (855) 843 3434 or by email at [EMAIL="support@revitalizelabs.com"]support@revitalizelabs.com[/EMAIL].

Kind Regards,
    RevitaDerm Support

2011/12/06 22:16:22:

"Kathy & John"

I have tried using the phone numbers provided within Australia but kept getting cut off

I wish to cancel all future orders forJuveneu &Revitaderm forthwith from this day 07/12/2011.

Thank you

Kathleen[/FONT]
  • HI, I too got done with a scam like this. It was diet pills from a Miami company. They turned out be a very very powerful laxative and a health supplement which required you to live on 300 calories a day! Again it was a free offer which cost a total of £80 pounds a month and it took me three months to cancel both and I never did get a refund for the stuff I sent back. The credit card people were very sympathetic but couldn't acutally do anything about it.. So be warned if it looks too good to be true it's because it is!! Good luck to all who are trying to get their money back.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure