LPG price comparison

Comments

• my friend computed this,
    all electric vs electric and some traditional way like cooking with lpg

and he concluded that all electric is much cheaper. :)
  • I am an existing CALOR gas LPG customer, Currently using a 4x47Kg bottle supply system at about £0.80 per litre.
    I am considering converting to a bulk storage container at around £0.38 per litre.

Does anyone know of cheaper supplier? Or has CALOR the monopoly

• Mizer wrote: »
    I am an existing CALOR gas LPG customer, Currently using a 4x47Kg bottle supply system at about £0.80 per litre.
    I am considering converting to a bulk storage container at around £0.38 per litre.

Does anyone know of cheaper supplier? Or has CALOR the monopoly

£0.38/l sounds pretty good - and may just be an introductory offer? BP Gas is now charging me £0.53950/l, up 25.6% since mid-October (+11.6% Oct 23, +12.5% Jan18 - though quick to charge old price when I complained I had ordered a week before the second price rise).

Back in March 2008 I was paying £0.38950/l - quite a few price rises ago (and special 'loyalty discounts' - ha ha!- I've been using LPG since 1991).

Does anyone get gas cheaper in Devon/Cornwall, please? And has anyone used this the co.uk website for lpg-solutions (sorry, as a newbie not allowed to post links)?

cheers,
    LV
  • david29dpo wrote: »
    i pay 30p a litre, bulk.
    I use a bulk storage tank with Calor for LPG and buy bulk at £0.40 a litre.
    I am going to try and get them to reduce this as they want me to sign up to a 2 year contract and are offering £50 off to sign up and a further £50 off after the first year.
  • Wow! Thank you! For how long has Calor held the price at £0.40/l, please? Calor's price is 25% less than I pay.

As regards 2 yr contracts, BP in December 2008 offered me a reduction of 2p, to 42.95p ...or if I signed up for 2 yrs 4p off, fixed until 31 March 2009 (after which price would revert to variable again).

Anyway it looks as though I might be talking to Calor soon - unless there's a smaller and cheaper operator. I've seen, somewhere, that Calor, BP and Flogas have ?80% of the market.

John aka LittleVermin (pun on the hamlet's name)
  • I use a bulk storage tank with Calor for LPG and buy bulk at £0.40 a litre.
    I am going to try and get them to reduce this as they want me to sign up to a 2 year contract and are offering £50 off to sign up and a further £50 off after the first year.

Hi Patricia,

There's another thread at Bulk LPG - Cheapest suppliers / supply route?

Yes, I'm new and learning my way round!

cheers,
    LV

• U.S. Energy Information Administration
  • My mother uses LPG and we have been in a contract with Flogas, on the 1st of April their price goes to 60p a litre!! I have contacted 4 other companies and they will give her a fixed contract at 37p for two years (Extra Gas 0161 789 0000) Flogas have been ripping my mother off for years. It is now so easy to change suppliers, I advice anyone to check their prices.:mad:
  • lpg_2
    lpg_2 Posts: 27 Forumite
    pam1812 i work in the lpg industry, and extragas will always try and give you the best service and price possible :)
  • I have just spent the last few weeks trying to crack this mystery of finding the best way to find and maintain a fair LPG price. I spent weeks contacting each supplier and found joy when I was given the details for my local Calor midlands rep who could not have been anymore helpful. Unusually for a rep the young man was sympathetic to my concerns and was able to quote me a cheaper price for my bulk supply than I had found elsewhere. I have concluded that prices are widely negotiable, after spending 2years paying 40ppl with my previous supplier I am happy I took the time to research and discover this. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure