The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Time for a shiny new thread:) The old one had got to 4500 odd posts which amounts to 22,500 OS pleasures (at least) :T It's so good to know that the OS life can be so rewarding.

I'll kick off the new thread.

1) Homemade bread and marmalade for breakfast.

2) A walk over the Malvern Hills to blow away the cobwebs.

3) Drying the washing outside- still, in October.

4) Watching mydaughter making a game out of sweeping the leaves with her friends.

5) The prospect of collecting a big order of meat from the butcher this morning and having my freezer full for less.

Comments

• Penelope_Penguin
    Penelope_Penguin Posts: 17,288
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    edited 28 October 2009 at 9:36AM
    The previous thread is here, thank you thriftlady :D

My 5:

1. Labelling my stock of HG produce recently made into jam

2. Doing an inventory of my freezer and finging I've got a menu plan for 3 weeks

3. Knitting a headband for DD for a fraction of the ASOS price, and looking forward to crocheting a flower to go onto it

4. A surprise October egg from my chooks

5. Having been following the Old Style Flylady thread assidiously for nearly 7 months, finding I have very little housework today

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • HariboJunkie
    HariboJunkie Posts: 7,740 Forumite
    Oooh a lovely new thread. :D

Mine for yesterday....

1. Having a fun afternoon trawling charity shops with my girls and getting enough stuff to make halloween costumes for the 3 of us for under £5. Inexpensive AND eco friendly. ;)

2. Coffee in the garden with my hens when the rain finally stopped.

3. HM Rice pud and everyone going back for seconds.

4. Watching the dog chase a ball along a leafy lane.

5. Getting 2 magazine subscriptions for Christmas presents worth a total of £90 for nothing with my Clubcard vouchers.
  • billy858
    billy858 Posts: 119 Forumite
    Am posting now to try and cheer myself up. DD1 has been particularly horrible and I'm getting very upset about it.
    1. Walk in the leaves with DD2 and seeing 4 squirrels.
    2. Swimming with DD2. (I managed 1 mile)
    3. Washing drying on the line.
    4. 2 galsses of wine!!!!
    5. DH vaccuuming the whole house. I threatened to take photographic evidence. (This only happened because his mum came to visit - note that was not one of my pleasures!)
    Hoping to feel a bit more chipper later.
    Love to all. X
  • Sassers
    Sassers Posts: 1,303
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Whoop whoop shiny new thread - morning all :wave:
    After deciding that the new job is pants (only a six month contract but have decided to get out now) I've cheered myself up this morning by applying for several new jobs that are quite exciting..
    .. Gives me hope as the last few days have been blooming awful.
    Also have to report that the first of the bank charges cheques plopped through the door this morning. Absolutely and totally unexpected MBNA to the tune of £715!!!!! All going towards my PAD's....
    so
    1. apply for new jobs
    2. bank cheque
    3. got reduced cooked whole chicken (49p good old Mr Morrissons last night) for chook, chips, peas and gravy tea tonight
    4. A smooch with OH this morning before leaving for work - plus having a wild dance together round the living room when we saw the cheque
    5. Booking time off work to go and see my mum and dad in two weekends time....

Have a lovely day everyone - don't let the !!!!!!s take your joy away
    Love Sassers xx
    Current debt and mortgage: £25, 820.35 Debt/Mortgage at start: £92,598 (27/09/2010)
    DEBT FREE!
  • slm6002
    slm6002 Posts: 3,678
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    well this is my first time of thinking about OS pleasures so here goes

1. two loads of washing are drying on the line

2. trip to park in a while with both little ones

3. bread baking at the moment ready for lunch

4. doing meal plan for next 2 weeks and realising i will only need milk and fruit

5. finishing knitting another pair of slippers ready for christmas

well that wasnt too difficult x
    Me, DD1 18, DS 16, DD2 13, Debt Free 04/18, Single Mum since 11/19
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364
    Forumite
    1) Watching the Incredibles with my neighbours little boy last night and him asking me exactly what my favourite part was . No Laura, which part exactly, you can't like it all

2) Bringing veda in for brekkie today and Veg curry and HM bread for lunch

3) Counting my lost pennies collection I started in September - there's over £3 in it ! This only includes money i find outside my house, doesn't include handbag finds etc

4) Looking forward to cutting out my pumpkin tonight with next door neighbour and her little boy

5) Looking forward to cooking and eating pumpkin for the first time ever. Each year my neighbour has made made me a pumpkin but has dumped the pumpkin each year! :eek:I can almost taste it now

6) Writing a shopping list and knowing how much things cost and what I need to keep myself ticking over food wise

7) Putting a chicken on my shopping list, and planning treating myself to a chicken dinner on sunday
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• zippychick wrote: »
    2) Bringing veda in for brekkie today and

I miss Veda. icon9.gif Not as much as my family but it's close. :rotfl:

I'm surprised you don't have playing scrabble on your pleasures. :whistle:
  • Knitty78
    Knitty78 Posts: 213 Forumite
    1) know that in spite of going to the cinema this evening I have planned a meal I can knock up quickly using leftovers and storecupboard bits so we don't need to eat out :T

2) Preparing ahead and taking my own snacks rather than buying overpriced ones

3) Reading that if I stick to the flylady I can get to a stage where my house won't need much housework :D

4) Feeling smug that I have planned my meals for this week and I'm actually sticking to it.

5) Feeling even more smug that I'm already starting to think what we might have next week.

My first attempt, not too bad I suppose.
    Debt at lightbulb moment (18 Aug 2009) 30933.95,
    Debt 1 July 2011 £9663.71
    Debt free date[STRIKE]February 2017[/STRIKE] September 2016
  • 1. Leftover risotto for packed lunch - delicious and didn't have to make any sandwiches this morning before I left for work

2. Eating homemade chocolate fairy cakes from a polka dot cake tin

3. Only 8 more squares left to do on my scrap yarn crochet blanket. Can't wait to finish it :T

4. Making my first dress from scratch, sewing up the bodice tonight

5. Its 'mystery' night on the mealplan board, which basically means I was to uninventive to think of anything else last week! Have a load of delicious veg in the fridge which was all on yellow sticker, so I think it will be a nice challenge to make something for tea tonight :)
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364
    Forumite
    I miss Veda. icon9.gif Not as much as my family but it's close. :rotfl:

I'm surprised you don't have playing scrabble on your pleasures. :whistle:

if you ever need some sent over just give me a shout! I'll send you some tayto too. When i worked in greece, people used to send me multi packs of tayto, heaven! (although you can buy boxes online now he he)

Ah ha, forgot about scrabble, although i'm not so sure how OS playing scrabble on a computer is. Plus, i'm too wick at it ! I need to start winning! :cool:
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family