IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking eye camera times dont match ticket machine times

Hi everyone, please read the reply below that i sent to parking eye appeals, it clearly proves that the photographic evidence they send you is not valid, the cameras are not sycronised to the machines issuing tickets and have no relevance to the ticket you purchase.

Hope it helps......

Dear sir,

Upon reciept of your parking charge notice and having returned to the car park in question i will not be making any payment as i have not breached the conditions as stated on the signage in the car park.

Upon entering the car park your signs clearly state that individuals must ensure they purchase a valid ticket. After taking some considerable time to park due to it being mothers day and being extremely busy i made my way to a ticket machine, after entering my registration and paying for the 2hours parking that i required i carried on with my business.

Upon return to my vehicle and being within my 2hour time allocation as stated on my ticket i made my way to exit the car park.

Your parking charge notice shows me on camera entering and leaving the car park however what it lacks is proof that i overstayed my allocated parking ticket time which is the subject in question.

I paid for a parking ticket from a machine that provided me with a 2hour parking allocation as printed on the ticket i received, no where in the car park does it state that my allocated ticket time starts from the moment i enter the car park and times me from that moment until the moment i exit??

Not only does it not state this anywhere in the car park it also proves that your camera system is being used to fraudulently decieve car park users into paying fines that have been issued illegaly.

I will be sending a copy of this email to all retailers within the wharf retail park and also to trading standards to ensure that this practice is erradicated and future users of the parking facility are not subjected to the same illegal issuing of fines.

After receiving this notice and have carried out research into your company it is clear that this is something that your company does frequently. I can ensure you that i am prepared to take this further in the interests of not only myself but in the intersts of other innocent victims of your illegal practices.

Regards,
Sean.

Comments

• Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    edited 29 March 2013 at 4:16PM
    Sean,

Can I ask did you leave the car park before the expiry on the P&D ticket? If you did its the end of the matter you've complied with the terms in question
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • spacey2012
    spacey2012 Posts: 5,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Your appeal has been rejected, on this occasion the charge was correctly issued.

Because : That is what they always say, it is a scam that can be ignored.
    Be happy...;)
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    It's all very interesting but lacking in any detail that's helpful.

For example,
    What time did you enter the car park?
    What time was your ticket stamped?
    What time did you drive out?
    Were you held up by traffic?
    What did they reply to your letter?

They are actually not claiming to issue fines nor are their activities illegal, as such. Only if they are provably winding back the clocks.

We know about grace periods, but without any specific times, your letter will hit the retailers bins faster than some members dump their PCNs.

I applaud your defiance, but being honest it lacks sufficient information to influence any 3rd parties. Sorry.
  • seany1975
    seany1975 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Hi, yes we did return within the 2hours as allocated on the ticket, the only down side is that we didnt keep the ticket, but then why would we!!! we didnt expect to get a charge notice as we were within the time limit. It was only after returning to use the car park again today that i realised what parking eye were doing.

We entered the car park as you would do....but when we got our ticket from the machine it was from the time that we actually got the ticket not the time that we entered the car park. As all of the machines require registration input and are all digital parking eye must be fully aware that the cameras and the ticket machines are not syncronised and that the cameras have no reflection on the actual parking ticket you purchase.
  • spacey2012
    spacey2012 Posts: 5,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Sean, this scam works by sucking you in to an argument.
    It gives them control over your emotions and your mind.

You win by doing what they hate most : Nothing.
    Absolutely nothing, No appeal, no letters, nothing, you give it the time of day it deserves.
    The fact you are referring to it as a "fine" shows us that you need to calm down, start reading at the start and start learning what it is they have actually given you, what they can do if you dont pay it and what you can do to beat it.
    The answer to all questions is Nothing.
    Yes Absolutely nothing.
    The Fine is actually an invoice
    They can do nothing if you dont pay but make threats
    And if you do nothing, the threats stop faster.
    Calm down, rip that silly letter up and start reading.
    Be happy...;)
  • seany1975
    Sorry if it sounds like i am venting off, but i can assure you i am not. I have no intention of being sucked into any debate with them. I purely thought it relevant information that should be shared, maybe i shouldnt have ised the word fine!! But im no legal expert an say it as i see it, my mistake.....
    guys dad. I appreciate your comment but as stated above i did not keep the ticket as i have no need to, the information on the ticket is not relevant anyway. What is important is the fact that the time on the ticket you pay for is not the same time that they use to issue parking charge notices. As per the signs in their car parks you are legaly bound to purchase a ticket and comply with the terms set in relation to that ticket..... It does not mention anything in relation to being timed from the moment you enter up until the moment you leave the car park.
  • Guys_Dad
    First Post Combo Breaker
    I agree entirely with the points you are making. You are saying that you received a PCN because they claim that you were in the car park for more than 2 hours, as detected by their cameras.

But you haven't given any information as to how long they claim you were there. There is a big difference between 5 minutes and an hour "extra".
    Now we all agree that these charges are sheer highway robbery and are with you. But it would be most helpful to know if they are issuing tickets for motorists who were on the premises for 5 - 10 minutes over as that is clearly outside even what their association says.

You would glean some level of support from the retailers if that were the case, but without them knowing if you are talking about that or, say, an hour, then they will shrug their shoulders.

You must have the PCN. How long do they say you were in the car park? We might be able to help you construct a POPLA defence if we had some actual facts, should you choose to go down that route.
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    It is a fair argument though, if there is a time limit it should be set at the time of the expiry of the p&d ticket, not a time that their cameras say when you entered or left the car park. There is an option to ignore, but you haven't so we shall see their reply.

If they refuse you, ensure that they have given you a popla verification code (if england or wales), they must supply you one within 35 days of a rejection of an appeal, if they don't it times out.

Parking Eye appear to write to you saying they will put it on hold for 14 days awaiting further information from you. That is complete rubbish, no further information is required they must supply the code or lose the ability to chase you, if they do chase you then its time to complain to the dvla, bpa and trading standards.
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • Guys_Dad
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Stroma wrote: »
    It is a fair argument though, if there is a time limit it should be set at the time of the expiry of the p&d ticket, not a time that their cameras say when you entered or left the car park. There is an option to ignore, but you haven't so we shall see their reply.

I think OP was saying that it took time to actually find a parking space, which would add to the overall time and would not be covered by the grace period at the end of the parking time.

Their reply will certainly be most interesting and, as we discussed before, the clock has started ticking.
  • seany1975
    Hi again all, just to clarify the cameras had me timed in the car park for 2 hours 11 minutes. That is 11 minutes over what i paid for, but as stated this does not relate to the time that is actually on the ticket once you purchase it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure