dwp medical

hi all,
I had a phone call in november over capability to work, got the form to fill in a week later, gave me until the 27/dec/2011 to return it,
got a letter to attend a medical on 23/01, the letter is dated 13/01 but i didnt recieve the letter until the 17/01, ive been expecting this and luckily or unluckily i can attend,
I need to take someone with me and also they can attend, I am going, but I was shocked at how little notice they gave me to make sure I had my chosen person to attend, has anyone else been asked to attend so quickly and what are my rights normally as reguards to short notice medicals, many thanks

Comments

• Cpt.Scarlet
    Cpt.Scarlet Posts: 1,102 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    I believe they are only require to give you seven days notice.
  • rogerblack
    rogerblack Posts: 9,446 Forumite
    If the letter was dated Friday, but was in fact posted Monday, then you have not had 7 days notice, and in principle do not have to attend.
    If it was posted Friday - then they have given the required notice.

Attend, doing otherwise would only delay your claim at best, and more probably lead to having to chase to get your benefit reinstated, with a significant possibility that you may have to wait up to a year with no payment for the appeals process to grind its way through.
  • harleq1962 wrote: »
    hi all,
    I had a phone call in november over capability to work, got the form to fill in a week later, gave me until the 27/dec/2011 to return it,
    got a letter to attend a medical on 23/01, the letter is dated 13/01 but i didnt recieve the letter until the 17/01, ive been expecting this and luckily or unluckily i can attend,
    I need to take someone with me and also they can attend, I am going, but I was shocked at how little notice they gave me to make sure I had my chosen person to attend, has anyone else been asked to attend so quickly and what are my rights normally as reguards to short notice medicals, many thanks
    Nothing, you have no rights. You are warned about the possibility of a medical when you get the original letter.
  • My mum received a letter dated 13/1/12 asking her to attend a medical for the 19/1/12. she did attend but it thought it was such short notice
  • When i was asked to attend the letter was dated 20/12/11 and i was asked to attend on the 03/1/12
  • someone has just shown me a letter they got with their form dated 25/dec/2011 had to be returned by the 25/jan/2012 ?.
    not only was it dated christmas day it was also a sunday.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure