sky FREE wireless connector for sky+ HD anytime **DONT PAY £60**

Comments

• Mancunian wrote: »
    Cancelled by Mohamed no problem.

Not that bothered by anytime+ confuses some of the family anyway.

Will check sky.com/customers after my months notice and see if the free wireless appears.

free wireless connector offer now showing up and just processed.

will see if i receive one.
    PLAY GOOD!

trolls and abusers will simply be added to my ignore list - you can do it too! its under USER CP

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/profile.php?do=IGNORElist
    free wireless connector offer now showing up and just processed.

if you receive an email that just says order completed & ref no., like i did, then you'll need to contact them.

if you get a more detailed email with actual info stating a wireless connector is on it's way & you can see the order in order tracking on your account, you should be ok :)

ours came yesterday, can i get the flipping thing to connect to the internet - no! :mad:
  • sherbie
    sherbie Posts: 775 Forumite
    hi, sorry to butt in, hope someone can help, as im being really thick! ive got an engineer coming tues to set up a new hd box, and i assume wired anytime+, but when i read this, i thought, ooooh i need me one of those wireless things...soooooo, ive just spent ages on the sky site trying to find out how to get it free. cant find it, is it available to all new anytime+ customers, or just those with the movies pack? thanks in advance for any help!:)
    :hello:
  • sherbie wrote: »
    hi, sorry to butt in, hope someone can help, as im being really thick! ive got an engineer coming tues to set up a new hd box, and i assume wired anytime+, but when i read this, i thought, ooooh i need me one of those wireless things...soooooo, ive just spent ages on the sky site trying to find out how to get it free. cant find it, is it available to all new anytime+ customers, or just those with the movies pack? thanks in advance for any help!:)

has your sky.com account been setup now? can u log into the site and are you registered as a customer?

if u can, go to my account and check what packages and services u have.

I am guessing that (new?) customers will automatically given anytime+ and if so you won't qualify for the free wireless adapter offer (cancel and retry like me)

NB. wireless adapter offer is for new Anytime+ subs and non dependant on package.
    PLAY GOOD!

trolls and abusers will simply be added to my ignore list - you can do it too! its under USER CP

• sherbie
    sherbie Posts: 775 Forumite
    Mancunian wrote: »
    has your sky.com account been setup now? can u log into the site and are you registered as a customer?

if u can, go to my account and check what packages and services u have.

I am guessing that (new?) customers will automatically given anytime+ and if so you won't qualify for the free wireless adapter offer (cancel and retry like me)

NB. wireless adapter offer is for new Anytime+ subs and non dependant on package.

hi, thanks for the v fast reply! hmmm, theres a tick next to anytime+ in the account, which is weird, as the box isnt even here yet! im a current customer of sky telly. broadband since it started, but have just upgraded to hd, and calls and line rental. i did get a deal, but i think i will try and call em, and see if i can get the free wireless. pretty cheeky really that they just add it wired. i didnt even know about the wireless till i saw these posts!did that just make sense?:think:
    :hello:
  • sherbie wrote: »
    hi, thanks for the v fast reply! hmmm, theres a tick next to anytime+ in the account, which is weird, as the box isnt even here yet! im a current customer of sky telly. broadband since it started, but have just upgraded to hd, and calls and line rental. i did get a deal, but i think i will try and call em, and see if i can get the free wireless. pretty cheeky really that they just add it wired. i didnt even know about the wireless till i saw these posts!did that just make sense?:think:

sounds like they added anytime+ automatically if u didnt ask for it.

if they wont play and give u the free offer, INSIST the service is removed (30 days notice) and then check the 'offers for current customers' in a few weeks.
    PLAY GOOD!

• smackaine
    smackaine Posts: 47 Forumite
    edited 15 December 2011 at 4:32PM
    That's not necessarily true. If (I'm not entirely sure) it works in the same way as an HD Mix/Sky+ sub it will lay dormant after cancellation for 12 months, meaning Chordiant will simply not be able to apply the discount under any circumstance.

EDIT, seems it worked for posters above. That'll make my job a damn site easier.
    free wireless connector offer now showing up (after cancelling) and just processed.

Got my free adapter today
    PLAY GOOD!

• I can no longer see anything like this offer on the website, does anyone know if it is still running?
  • I also would like to know whether or not anyone knows if its still possible to get the connector for free.

I just got my broadband switched over to sky but only because I had seen the adverts about the free anytime+ offer to existing Sky HD+ and Sky broadband customers, but I just went to order the connector to see the £60 charge on it - something that I can't afford to buy!

I plan to contact sky later but would like to know if anyone's tried it recently?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure