EON customers-Convert Tesco Clubcard Vouchers

New Clubcard deal..... convert clubcard vouchers to 1 and a half times their cash value to put towards your EON energy bill.

See clubcard website for details.

Comments

• karlie88
    karlie88 Posts: 9,114 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
  • ih8stress
    ih8stress Posts: 1,933 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    That's a laugh - not - seen as up until recently you got tesco clubcard points with certain eon tariffs (one of the factors in choosing them). Now of course I don't get as many points to make this worthwhile .........
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hi ih8stress

Just to clarify, provided you're on a qualifying product, you can still earn Tesco Clubcard points on your E.ON account.

The original Tesco scheme is not affected by the introduction of the new Rewards trial of paying energy bills with Tesco points. As I say, if you're on a qualifying product, you'll still be able to earn points against your payments.

The new Tesco Clubcard Reward scheme is a direct response to customer feedback. Initially, it's for a trial period up to 5 August 2011 (although tokens don't expire until 31 August 2011).

Hopefully, if successful, the scheme can be extended beyond the current trial.

Would be interested in any feed back anyone may have about this new arrangement, either on the forum or through the email address in my Profile if preferable.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • f1re_cr4cker
    f1re_cr4cker Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    shame it isnt available on the online dual fuel tarrif
  • on-the-count-of-three
    on-the-count-of-three Posts: 1,561 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 10 May 2011 at 1:26PM
    Hi Malc,
    Whilst that of course is true, it is only now on the higher tariffs. I used to earn clubcard points, but no longer do. (One of the incentives of switching to Eon in the first place.)
    No point in paying more for gas/elec just to earn a few clubcard points methinks.

Don't think I'd be interested. Other clubcard deals offer 3x the value, so perhaps better spent elsewhere.
  • m0nkeymrs01
    m0nkeymrs01 Posts: 594 Forumite
    sparky1664 wrote: »
    Hi Malc,
    Whilst that of course is true, it is only now on the higher tariffs. I used to earn clubcard points, but no longer do. (One of the incentives of switching to Eon in the first place.)
    No point in paying more for gas/elec just to earn a few clubcard points methinks.

Don't think I'd be interested. Other clubcard deals offer 3x the value, so perhaps better spent elsewhere.

This is interesting... I will be looking into this when I get home. I hope I am still earning otherwise I may as well switch and get nectar points instead?

Re the paying your energy bill with Clubcard vouchers... I think its a great idea. I am being made redundant in July and this would be a great way of trying to reduce some outgoings at least a little. However I am on prepayment meter, so I presume I will not be able to use this scheme?
  • This is interesting... I will be looking into this when I get home. I hope I am still earning otherwise I may as well switch and get nectar points instead?

You probably will be, but it's worth checking. Mine only stopped as the fixed contract I originally signed up for ended. I would expect you would be okay for the duration of your original contract.:)
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    This is interesting... I will be looking into this when I get home. I hope I am still earning otherwise I may as well switch and get nectar points instead?

Re the paying your energy bill with Clubcard vouchers... I think its a great idea. I am being made redundant in July and this would be a great way of trying to reduce some outgoings at least a little. However I am on prepayment meter, so I presume I will not be able to use this scheme?

Sorry to hear you're being made redundant m0nkeymrs01.

As a prepayment customer, you'll still be earning points for money spent on energy provided you've registered your Clubcard with us.

On the down side, the Tesco Reward scheme is not available to prepayment customers at the moment. If the scheme is successful, we'll look at extending it to, hopefully, include prepayment.

Best of luck with the job hunting.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    shame it isnt available on the online dual fuel tarrif

Hi f1re_cr4cker

Not sure if I've misunderstood your post. :o

Whilst you're right that most of our current online deals are not eligible for Tesco Clubcard points; you can still use the new Tesco Reward scheme to help pay your E.ON energy bills.

Provided you're not on an excluded tariff like m0nkeymrs01 above, you can put Tesco Clubcard points towards your energy bills. An online dual fuel tariff definitely qualifies.

Sorry if I've misunderstood f1re_cr4cker but hope this helps.

Malc
  • ih8stress
    ih8stress Posts: 1,933 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Hi ih8stress

Just to clarify, provided you're on a qualifying product, you can still earn Tesco Clubcard points on your E.ON account.
    Unfortunately when I changed from Saveonline1 to Saveonline3, the tesco clubcard points ceased. The whole fiasco of that change was commented on here by myself and others affected:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2764350&highlight=eon+october

The original Tesco scheme is not affected by the introduction of the new Rewards trial of paying energy bills with Tesco points. As I say, if you're on a qualifying product, you'll still be able to earn points against your payments.I don't really understand why some tariffs are discriminated against then, if this is still available on certain ones? Especially as I changed from one Saveonline tariff to another. I could understand it if I was changing from saveonline to prepayment, for instance.

The new Tesco Clubcard Reward scheme is a direct response to customer feedback. Initially, it's for a trial period up to 5 August 2011 (although tokens don't expire until 31 August 2011).

Hopefully, if successful, the scheme can be extended beyond the current trial.

Would be interested in any feed back anyone may have about this new arrangement, either on the forum or through the email address in my Profile if preferable.

Malc

I agree with sparky's comments about the clubcard points being one of the reasons for choosing the Eon tariff, and after having that bonus taken from me, trying to 'tempt' me with one and a half times value is laughable to say the least.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure