Nature's Calendar- Free nature identification booklet

just_thrifty
just_thrifty Posts: 1,206 Forumite
edited 9 February 2010 at 7:02PM in Freebies (no spend required)
Thought this was a great idea for kids & adults to get involved in observing the seasons and recording what they see in their area.

http://www.naturescalendar.org.uk/

Nature's Calendar is the home for thousands of volunteers who record the signs of the seasons where they live.

It could mean noting the first ladybird or swallow seen in your garden in spring, or the first blackberry in your local wood in autumn.
You don’t have to be an expert to take part and lots of help is given, including a nature identification booklet that you receive when you register.

This kind of recording has moved from being a harmless hobby to a crucial source of evidence as to how our wildlife is responding to climate change.

Register here as a nature's calendar recorder, and you'll also get the nature identification booklet. :)

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• Lisey_Loo
    Lisey_Loo Posts: 344
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Great find, thank you. I`ve just signed up for this :)
  • Wildside
    Wildside Posts: 1,220 Forumite
    Thanks, signed up as well
  • rubytuesday
    rubytuesday Posts: 22,383
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thank you me too.
    Here dead we lie because we did not choose
    To live and shame the land from which we sprung.
    Life, to be sure, is nothing much to lose,
    But young men think it is,
    And we were young.
    A E Housman
  • Pip26
    Pip26 Posts: 2,368 Forumite
    Yes ...... thanks. Great site - thanks for post!!!!
  • horlet
    horlet Posts: 251 Forumite
    http://www.naturescalendar.org.uk/register

Free registration gives you a username
    and password to access the website
    and a regular email packed full of
    seasonal news and things to spot
    You will also receive a free nature identification booklet with a guide to spring and autumn events in the post within a couple of days
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]:AMay you get to Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead. ~Irish Proverb :A[/FONT]
  • Love things like this...Thanx horlet...xxx
    :heartpuls Gains & £'s saved..Far too many to mention! Needless to say I LOVE MSE! :heartpuls

'Smile in the face of adversity..Whilst thinking where you can bury the bodies'

Area representative for National Association for Bikers with a Disability A cripple is a person who thinks a disabled person cannot ride a motorcycle :)
  • altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Thanks horlet, I've signed up
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • isualive
    isualive Posts: 6,970
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Cheers Horlet, a great find!
    Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. ~ Mother Teresa
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,855
    Homepage Hero I won, I won, I won! I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Senior Ambassador
    Thanks, brilliant ! :beer:
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure