Making money at home from sex chat lines

Comments

• queenie01
    queenie01 Posts: 25 Forumite
    I worked a chat line for a while but all the ones I researched were only hiring women. It's not easy and you get some very strange people!!!
    I didnt make much but If you can keep them on the phone then it's a money maker. They were just too strange for me!
  • cherylsurrey
    cherylsurrey Posts: 165 Forumite
    You have no chance as a man, a good friend of mine (female) works for a company doing phone chat and shes done it for a few years now, but it is pocket money, she does it in her spare time when her kids are at school, I think that channel 4 program was just made as a laugh, I seriously doubt anyone makes a fortune apart from the people who run the chatlines themselves.
    Remember if you did by some amazing chance find a company to take you on, you have to pay tax on it.
  • loopylooks
    loopylooks Posts: 5 Forumite
    Queenie01 or cherylsurrey would you mind sending me a private message with the name of the company they work for?

Thank you kindly
  • ellienunn
    ellienunn Posts: 8 Forumite
    hi im interested in text work, would be no good on the phone please could someone inbox me some details, I've just lost my job at a well known rubbish supermarket boohoo so need a bit of extra money. i have a baby at home with me so I'm finding it hard to find work :huh:
  • Kara_L
    Kara_L Posts: 35 Forumite
    hmmm i so cudnt do the phone thing, possibly the text, might google it later x
    My earnings from end of March 2012 to date.
    Superpoints – £15
    Swagbucks – £25
    IPSOS Surveys – £10
    Toulna – £15
    Total = £65
  • jasonwatkins
    jasonwatkins Posts: 2,420 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    thorsoak wrote: »
    When one thinks about the costs involved in MAKING the phone calls to chat lines, and the damage it has done to families' budgets/credit ratings, and when one reads the threads about partners betraying the other partner by making these calls, then it would seem ambiguous at the least for MSE to be allowing such a thread to continue!

But then MSE isn't in the business of being a moral guardian or marriage counsellor. The forum is "Up Your Income" so it's a perfectly valid discussion.

If it was the Relationships forum then yes, it would certainly be out of place, but i personally can't really see an issue.
  • coinxoperated
    coinxoperated Posts: 1,026 Forumite
    Do we know why women don't need to call men on the end of a chat line?

Because we are normally in charge of the finances and actually read the 1.50pm sign at the bottom lol
  • I'm male and I used to do webcam and phone.

It was very good money, however now that I am 23 my chances have gone right down and there is little work for me as I am considered "old".

I think it's hard for men on these types of lines, unless you get the right company and as there are so many I don't even know which one to suggest.
  • Hi, if anyone has any info about good text companies to work for PLEASE could they PM me? Thank you!
  • freeoffers
    freeoffers Posts: 395 Forumite
    I came across this thread by accident. Had a good laugh. Nice work if you can get it!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback