Easyjet - which routes use the new assigned seating?

Anyone have any idea?
I am booked to Benidorm in June and haven't heard about it, so I'm assuming that it wont be us. It would definitely be a good thing, as the scrum to get a seat is the only thing that spoils an Easyjet flight.
£100 - £10,000

Comments

• aerostar
    aerostar Posts: 1,736
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    "Low-cost airline easyJet has announced it will test allocated seating on selected routes starting next month.
    Flights from Luton to Sharm el Sheikh, Glasgow to Alicante, Luton to Malaga, Luton to Alicante and Luton to Istanbul will all take part in the trial.
    The 40,000 passengers on these routes will be allocated a seat free of charge, with the seat number marked on their boarding pass. They can pay £12 for a seat with extra leg room, £8 for the front seats or £3 to specify any other seat of their choice."

Talking to a flight steward, he thinks it is going to be a mess when boarding, you will then have those with paid seats, people with reduced mobility, families with small children, how do you reserve seats for late comers if the non reserved are on board first, yes they could put notices on seats, but you can bet that people will not take notice of them.

Also certain people are not allowed to sit in emergency exit rows as per CAA rules, under 18 passengers, pregnant women, people with reduced mobility.

All seats should be assigned on the plane, or not at all.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    aerostar wrote: »

Exactly, anything else is just confusion.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • aerostar wrote: »
    Also certain people are not allowed to sit in emergency exit rows as per CAA rules, under 18 passengers, pregnant women, people with reduced mobility.

Besides, if no-one pre-books the exit seat rows, the cabin crew will end up asking passengers sitting near-by to move to them anyway, because they have to be occupied by someone who has been briefed on how to open the emergency exits.

So if you don't feel like paying, top tip is to try and get a seat as near to the exit row as possible, and make yourself available if the cabin crew ask for someone to move.
  • bagand96
    bagand96 Posts: 6,049
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite

All seats on the plane will be assigned. Everyone will be allocated a seat number at check in which will be printed on their boarding card.

The options to pay are for those who wish to book in advance and reserve extra legroom/exit/specific seats when they book the ticket. If people don't choose to do that, they'll be allocated a seat number when they check in. It will operate exactly like most other airlines do it.
  • SaveTheEuro
    SaveTheEuro Posts: 963
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Besides, if no-one pre-books the exit seat rows, the cabin crew will end up asking passengers sitting near-by to move to them anyway, because they have to be occupied by someone who has been briefed on how to open the emergency exits.

So if you don't feel like paying, top tip is to try and get a seat as near to the exit row as possible, and make yourself available if the cabin crew ask for someone to move.

This hasn't been my experience on recent flights. Exit seat rows have been left empty.
  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    is this still being trialled or is it standard practice on certain Easyjet flights now?

I've just printed off my boarding cards for my flight from Luton to Paris CDG and back on 10th and 13th June, my seat numbers have been allocated on both legs of the journey.

Great news as far as I'm concerned :).
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure