Mr Lender

2»

Comments

• geoffky
    geoffky Posts: 6,835 Forumite
    icecream69 wrote: »
    Hi,

i have been in a similar position and most ppl on this site told me that it was my own fault and i deserved for this to happen to me. however i had a loan with the money shop and i declared myself bankrupt, but before i did that my husband made a payment to the money shop for me to help me out, they kept his card details and recently took £950 out from his account, i rang the bank and they couldnt help but i when i rang money shop i explained to them that they had taken money from a third party account and its illegal for them to do that, they asked me to fax them the bank statement showing that the account was in my husbands name not mine and a copy of the card showing that the card was in my husbands name and not mine, i have done this and they are refunding the money. I would suggest that you contact mr lender and let them know that this is classed as theft and that you are a third party. The loan is owed by your brother and they have no right to take funds from your account - whether you gave them the details or not - you gave your details and authorised ONE payment only and there is no legal stance that they have which allows them to take money from your account as you are a third party. I got this advice from Citizens Advice Bureau.

Hope that helps!

Icecream69

well i pleased for you and really hope that this is the law but i think the contract that the borrower signs tells you that they will try any card on file..
    It is nice to see the value of your house going up'' Why ?
    Unless you are planning to sell up and not live anywhere, I can;t see the advantage.
    If you are planning to upsize the new house will cost more.
    If you are planning to downsize your new house will cost more than it should
    If you are trying to buy your first house its almost impossible.
  • icecream69
    icecream69 Posts: 25 Forumite
    edited 10 June 2011 at 9:56AM
    Hi there,

Just a quick update, i received my money back in cash since money had been taken from my husbands account without authorisation - i also received a letter confirming that if a third party card is used to make a payment then it should not automatically be stored on their system. It also confirms that they acted against the guidelines of the oft debt collection. Hope that helps.

Thanks

Icecream69
  • RichGold
    RichGold Posts: 1,244 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    @icecream69
    There is a slight similarity between your case and the OP's case, that similarity being that money was involved.

The difference is that the OP didn't spend the money but payed it back and you spent the money then didn't t pay it back.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • icecream69
    icecream69 Posts: 25 Forumite
    I dont understand what ppls problem is with me declaring myself bankrupt? at the end of the day its there for ppl like me who are finding things difficult and cant pay their debts, its nothing to be ashamed of and i dnt think its fair that ppl are judgin me based on that! i really hope that you never have to go thru wat i went thru, coz after all that the worst part for me is having ppl like you who obviously have no idea about what is involved, both emotionally and physically, in going bankrupt, acting like i have committed the worst offence in the world.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure