Naked wines: call that a deal?

The NW offer is billed as "blagged for Moneysavers." In fact the vouchers for this fabulous deal are given away here there and everywhere. Let's face it, after applying the "saving" the wine works out at around a fiver a bottle which is probably about what it's worth. I believe the chap behind NW is a Mr Gormley who founded Virgin Wines (ha ha thought it was Sir Dicky did you) and he marketed that in a similar way. I'm not saying it's a con, just that it's not extra value.

And Martin: I'm not impressed by "blagged for moneysavers" though I am impressed by what you got for the business.

Comments

• barnabee
    barnabee Posts: 1,210 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Even on MSE, not all that glitters is gold. (But most of it is!)
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,281 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    With wine, "special offers" are such a widespread sales tactic that only a mug would ever pay full price.
  • loracan1
    loracan1 Posts: 2,287 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The sort of thing that is more 'advertising' than money saving and makes me wonder what sort of kickback the site gets for such...
  • loracan1 wrote: »
    The sort of thing that is more 'advertising' than money saving and makes me wonder what sort of kickback the site gets for such...

Good spot - the link has a little * by it, which points to it being an affiliate link :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure