Getting rid of 1571

does anyone know the way to remove 1571 the Bt answering thing from your telephone line.I have tried via myaccount>calling features but it comes up with call the automated 0800 789 456 number ,on this number there isnt an option to remove the thing from your line.I dont want to go through calling BT INDIA any more!! any ideas?

Comments

• Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    does anyone know the way to remove 1571 the Bt answering thing from your telephone line.I have tried via myaccount>calling features but it comes up with call the automated 0800 789 456 number ,on this number there isnt an option to remove the thing from your line.I dont want to go through calling BT INDIA any more!! any ideas?
    I tried online to remove 1571 but failed like you.

In the end, I used their online 'ask a question' system to ask how it could be done because, although 'turn-on-able' online, there didn't appear to be an online 'turn-off-able' option.

The next I knew, they'd turned it off!

They never bothered to reply to my question but I wasn't worried about that.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • thanks where can i find the "ask a question" please
  • Heinz
    Forumite
    If the link doesn't time expire, try HERE.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • thank you for your help just sent them a request through that link
  • Jemma-T
    Jemma-T Posts: 1,546 Forumite
    Isn't it strange that we can't remove it online? Especially since it's no longer "free".

I too emailed them and got an answer with a day saying it would be turned off and it was within a few hours.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,267
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Thanks for this, Heinz - still useful after all this time!
  • Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,875
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I am not bothered about 1571, so will cancel that. I'm being charged £0.85 for that. We have caller display and am being for that. Both services are listed as free though. :confused:
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £43,915.98
  • Heinz
    Forumite
    Both services are listed as free though. :confused:
    Provided you make the necessary number of calls via BT (2/month or 6/quarter if you're billed quarterly).
  • Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,875
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Yeah we have Sky talk, but if we cancel that our Sky Broadband will go up to £10 instead of £5.

We get billed monthly with BT.

I can remember a code, something like 1280. Is that the code you put before making a call through BT or is it something different?
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £43,915.98
  • Heinz
    Forumite
    edited 3 August 2009 at 2:26PM
    Yeah we have Sky talk, but if we cancel that our Sky Broadband will go up to £10 instead of £5.

We get billed monthly with BT.

I can remember a code, something like 1280. Is that the code you put before making a call through BT or is it something different?
    1280 doesn't work with Sky Talk any longer - Sky changed from CPS to WCLI to stop that and, thereby, to ensure users paid their excessive prices for 0845 and 0870 calls.

Update 3-8-09. Sky now includes 0870 calls in its Sky Talk call packages.

http://www.sky.com/Assets/PDF/StaticFiles/5434510.pdf
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure