One Call Insurance

I would appreciate it if anyone can assist here with some advice please! I have been with One Call for my car insurance since October. After a mess up with my direct debits and the receipt of a 7 day cancellation notice as they went into my bank on the wrong day, I eventually got this sorted - minus an apology of course! I am now buying a new car so called yesterday to transfer the insurance across bridging it for a couple of days until my new cover note arrived. The car is older and a smaller engine so in previous experience this would mean cheaper insurance and having had a quick look, I would be saving over £100 on my existing car insurance. Simple?? No - after getting through to a very inexperienced chap who was purely passing messages from his manager, it transpires that it would cost me the same plus £99. The cancellation fee? 55% of my current annual premium as I have been with them over six months (did put him right on this one!) So its either cancel and pay the fee or pay £99 and what can only be described as an extortionate price for a small little old car. The insurance company is Zurich. Can anyone see a way of sorting this with minimal expense? I used to be with M&S insurance and any changes like this were so easy! Thanks in advnce Jo

Comments

• Hi, I recently joined with one call and its been the worst mistake of my life.....First of all they sent my first letter to my neighbour across the road, my name on the top of the letter but her address. It included direct debit details and asked for me to post my no claims bonus. After I sent this off (recorded delivery, and a note asking for them to change the address), I heard nothing, then my neighbour recieved a letter asking for a driving licence, this time tho the letter was sent addressed to her with her address. luckily my neighbour remembered the company and gave me my letter, I then spent half an hour ringing them asking them to ammend my policy details as i was unsure if i was covered since all the details where in my neighbours address ect.. They said the reasin for the mistake was because my neighbour had the same surname and did a search for insurance onine?????
    That afteroon I faxed my driving licence which they asked for and rang to confirm they had recieved it (which they did). I also asked them to send me my policy again by email with it ammened which he said he would.
    The next day i opened my policy, only for it to change from being in my name to my neighbours, then my name, then my neighbours??? |all in the same document?? ( i have no idea) I sent an email of complaint to the complaints department only to recieve and email saying ( i have copied and pasted)
    I write to you in reply to your email on 24.11.10, in respect of your above policy arranged through One Call Insurance Services Ltd. I have tried on several occasions previously to contact you to resolve this matter, unfortunately you have been unavailable.....seriously???

Now today my neighbour came with another document stating that I have been charged 49.50, because they have not received my licence copy. ( aarrrrrrggggghhhh!!!!)
    Please please someone help me before I go insane???:mad:
  • I have also been fined by these people - they asked for the copy of my driving licence, said I had to return it in seven days (I sent my copy the day after I got my letter) and now they've fined me. If anyone who is thinking about one call reads this, I would say forget it. It's clear they offer low premiums so they can charge punitive fines for this kind of thing. If a company is this bad at the start of a consumer relationship, just think how awful they would be if you needed to make a claim!!!
  • Took out a car policy for my wife end of December and they are now trying to impose a £49.95 fee for not sending them the back of the photocard. Obviously trying it on, so perhaps going with them was a bad decision.

Just got to hope that we don't have to make a claim....
  • Hi All,
    I have had a £49.95 charge from One Call.
    DID NOT receive letter, got phone call requesting a copy of my driving licence. Explained it was the first I had heard of it and got an apology and asked if I could forward it, NO TIME SCALE.
    A few days letter received a letter telling me of a £49.95 administration charge for not supplying a copy of my licence.
    Sent numerous complaint emails...NOTHING.
    Then I sent them an invoice for £49.95.
    Got an immediate response, telling me the £49.95 had been removed from my account.

I suggest everyone does similar.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE.
  • After reading the documents which came when the policy started I realised that their “Policy Summary – Initial Disclosure” document stated that any fee added to my account will be refunded if missing documents are received within 3 months and wrote to them pointing this out.

This changes the situation for me and I now view them as a company who thinks that their customers will only respond to “big stick” treatment, ie imposing a £50 charge in order to get documents back promptly. Not the best way to retain your customers, I suggest.
  • I agree with the posts about this company -they are a bureaucratic trainwreck.They asked for difficult to get paperwork and when cancelled within the 14 day cooling off period(actually within 24 hours)they refused to give me my money back unless I jumped through their further bureauratic hoops -when I protested, they threatened me with a £49 admin fee unless I co-operated.They wanted proof from my new insurer that I was legally covered and they wouldn't release my money- in the event it was going to take 6-8 WEEKS to sort out.
    I had to borrow money to get new insurance to get my own money back from them. Maddening ! AVOID.
  • vusys1
    vusys1 Posts: 246 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I had my 1st renewal quote off them (way over last years premium) called them to say I want to lapse the policy as I have had a cheaper quote, they matched it. No issues so far. Il post something if my renewal goes pete tong :)
  • 60katy
    60katy Posts: 17 Forumite
    I am having problems with one call as well. renewed insurance in october, £29 per month d/d, changed to smaller newer car nov, d/d went up to £36 per month, added another driver January d/d went to £56, had to cancel other driver Feb, d/d now £61.50, have been in touch with them, £300 to cancel, which I don't have
  • :mad:I made the mistake of buying my car insurance with this rip off company! They just charged me £55 in admin fees for changing policy details.....Take my advice & go else where!:mad:
  • DezzaB
    DezzaB Posts: 1 Newbie
    I have just recently had an issue with One Call Insurance, I had a car insured with them from October last year, A Vauxhall Meriva, the policy cost me £246 but in the last month I changed it for a newer car, when I rang to say I was changing it they told me it would be £214 extra to change it making it £454 in total. I was already 9 months into the policy so when I got a letter to say that I would now be paying them £171 a month for the next 3 months to cover it I rang and complained like hell. How can they increase it by that much and get away with it, they told me cancellation fees and all sorts of rubbish, but the other day I received a letter regarding the cancellation saying that I now owe them £306 for the privilege of cancelling it, how the hell do they work that out, they are an absolute disgrace and should not be able to do this. Apparently it is there policy to still charge the full amount after 9 months because of all the set up fees etc. What a load of tosh. CAN THEY REALLY DO THIS!!!!!!:mad::mad:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback