IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Contractual Parking Charge Notice from G24

michlou
michlou Posts: 5 Forumite
edited 30 January 2012 at 2:06PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi all,

I know there are other threads out there about these charges but im a worrier and want to check my specific case.

My husband and I spent all day at the cinema, literally! This morning a charge notice has come through the post from G24 with pictures of our car entering and leaving with the times and stating term breached : Exceeded the maximum duration of stay permitted. Its free parking there. They are asking for £95 or reduced amount of £75 if paid within 14 days.
There is an address on the back if i want to dispute and i can provide the proof of being in the cinema.

I just really want to know what to do about it, i havent contacted anyone else yet (apart from my husband at work so i think i made his day go from bad to worse :()

Any advice and help putting my mind at ease is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Why do you think your case is any different from the thousands of others on here?

Ignore G24.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,577
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Do nothing at all. It's a mail scam.

Read the sticky thread at the top by Crabman 'PPC letters & threats' and watch the Watchdog clip linked at the bottom of it. be sure this is definitely NOT a parking ticket, NOT a fine and that despite what the 'paperwork' suggests, there is NO APPEAL PROCESS.

They just want your money. They will not get your money!

Just play snap with each letter that matches the pictures in the top thread.

Anyone who pays these scam fake PCNs is either uninformed or gullible, victims of a complete con. Do not be victims, be informed.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • FatAndy
    FatAndy Posts: 7,541 Forumite
    edited 30 January 2012 at 2:36PM
    Write to whoever runs the cinema and tell that as one of their best customers and having spent a small fortune on tickets, hot dogs, popcorn, drinks, etc you are extremely offended that you've been subjected to a bunch of scammers in this way. Say you won't be returning and spending any of your hard earned cash any time some. It probably won't have much of a effect but it might make you feel better.
    The fridge is empty, the walls are damp, there's no hot water
    And I look like a tramp and tramps like us
    Baby we were born to walk
  • just watched the watchdog clip, didnt spot that one before and i have to say it did make a good paper airplane!
  • AlexisV
    AlexisV Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    G24 have never ever done court anyway.
  • ok, just want to see if this changes things at all (Have looked at other posts but cant find this specific info)
    My husband has just got in after checking the signage and it says up to 6 hours free but over that time will need to pay a charge then a list of prices for day, week, month rates etc...
    Does this change anything as it does say to pay if staying longer, not that there are any paying machines!
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Pmsl so there is charge to stay longer than 6 hours, but there is no means to do so, how the hell do you pay to do so then ? It just reinforces things, there is no way on this earth it will go to court, they will get slaughtered there.

As mentioned above ignore the scammers.
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,577
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    michlou wrote: »
    ok, just want to see if this changes things at all (Have looked at other posts but cant find this specific info)
    My husband has just got in after checking the signage and it says up to 6 hours free but over that time will need to pay a charge then a list of prices for day, week, month rates etc...
    Does this change anything as it does say to pay if staying longer, not that there are any paying machines!

It doesn't change a thing. Once a scam, always a scam, and these PPCs mearly always have notices up in the car park. They mean nothing because a private company cannot lawfully fine you - and nor do they even know who was driving, among other legal 'problems' they have no hope of overcoming in your case!

These companies rely on gullible people getting a fake PCN and some letters and being scared or believing they must have some sort of authority, and that Court might follow.

They don't. And it won't!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • SodG24
    SodG24 Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    Firstly note my username ! I've had two invoices from G24 and successfully ignored both.

G24 are both hypocritical and liars. And before this post gets deleted I can back both these statements up. Firstly they do not adhere to contracts they themselves have entered into - i.e. the contract they entered with Nominet when they purchased their domain name. They broke this contract by lying about their official address ( they firstly used a PO Box which isn't allowed and then attempted to pretend they worked from Harley Street, London .... as if :rotfl:).

They are also cowards - I've invited them to take me to court on numerous occasions on here or to at least PM me ..... guess what ? NOTHING !!!!!

You should IGNORE them and put their letters either in a safe place or the hamsters cage. Nothing will happen to you whatsoever.

Also, you should complain to the cinema CEO - what was the cinema you visited ?
    All aboard the Gus Bus !
  • Trebor16
    Trebor16 Posts: 3,061 Forumite
    michlou wrote: »
    ok, just want to see if this changes things at all (Have looked at other posts but cant find this specific info)

And therein lies the con. You are expected to pay a charge if you exceed the time limit but there is no means to do so. So they send out their "fines" instead to try and fleece you.
    "You should know not to believe everything in media & polls by now !"

John539 2-12-14 Post 15030
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family