Ear thermometer £9.99 (merged)

Did a search but couldn't see this anywhere else. Llloyds pharmacy are doing an ear thermometer that was apparantly £39.99 for £9.99. See HERE.

The one on the site says it is by Calpol but the one I bought from my local branch was by Nurofen so is orange instead of purple but is the same apart from that.

It takes a temperature after being in the ear for only 2 SECONDS, can store up to 30 readings and has a clock with date on it, comes with a holder, carry pouch, 10 probe covers and a 50% off voucher for packs of 40 probe covers. The reading appears on the screen and it also 'speaks' the reading.

Fantastic piece of kit especially for people with young kids who don't want to or can't keep thermometer in their mouth for whatever length of time.

Not sure on closing date for this but assume it is 'while stocks last'.
I'm a little angel o:)BUT A WHOLE LOTTA DEVIL
'Spend your life with eyes open, sleep only to dream of what to do next'

Comments

• Trix
    Trix Posts: 10,266
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I tried 'ear thermometer' in the advanced search for any date but nothing showed up. Strange. Anyway the last post was January and it's a good enough bargain to say they're still doing them I reckon.
  • redfox
    redfox Posts: 15,338
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    as this offer seems to be an ongoing thing (as it was available as far back as January) I think it is more suited to Shop but don't drop rather than a Quick! Grabbit. Will move the post over there. :)
  • jockettuk
    jockettuk Posts: 5,809 Forumite
    redfox wrote:
    as this offer seems to be an ongoing thing (as it was available as far back as January) I think it is more suited to Shop but don't drop rather than a Quick! Grabbit. Will move the post over there. :)

the offer stopped in feb and looks like it been started again and loads of people had probs getting them last time so it might be better of back in grabit
    Those we love don't go away,They walk beside us every day,Unseen, unheard, but always near,
    Still loved, still missed and very dear
    Our thoughts are ever with you,Though you have passed away.And those who loved you dearly,
    Are thinking of you today.
  • cmorgan
    cmorgan Posts: 236 Forumite
    Managed to get one at £9.99 and half price on the refills original price £3.99. Cut out voucher on box at the till for the half price voucher which caused a bit of a stir. The refills are a good price as I know the ones for the braun thermometer are £6.99 for 40! However don't know where else you get them from other than Lloyds?
  • Sarahsaver
    Sarahsaver Posts: 8,390
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I got a digital thermometer from poundland. And it works very accurately.
    Member no.1 of the 'I'm not in a clique' group :rotfl:
    I have done reading too!
    To avoid all evil, to do good,
    to purify the mind- that is the
    teaching of the Buddhas.
  • Trix
    Trix Posts: 10,266
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    The digital thermometers from poundland are not the ones you use in the ear for a reading in 2 seconds so aren't as good for small children who won't tolerate a thermometer in their mouth / arm / rectum for the length of time it needs to be there. Good enough to use for older kids or adults though.

I'm not bothered where this goes, all that matters is people who find it useful being able to see it.
  • max2002ad
    max2002ad Posts: 303
    Uniform Washer
    Forumite
    This offer is part of Lloyds Pharmacys "Every Home Should have one" offer
    They did have a similar offer at the begining of the year with Calpol.
    This is likely to be the last time this is offered as there are no other suitable companys available to co brand the thermometer.
    The offer will continue at this price until all stock has been cleared.
    If it's the same as last time it will be a matter of a month or two as we were selling them faster than we could get them in.

The protective covers that go on to the machine are only available at Lloyds Pharmacy as every manufactuer designs there machines to be slightly different so no other brand will fit.

Hope this clarifys the promotion.

Btw Look out for digital cameras for £9.99 coming soon!!!
    My Motto in Life:

Make Every Penny Count !!!!
  • Checkout '1 second Ear Thermometer with flexi-tip + 20 proble covers' with 1 year warranty at proactmedical.co.uk - List was £12.95 + VAT
  • paddykop
    paddykop Posts: 5 Forumite
    As a Registered Nurse, I would like to congratulate your readers on their willingness to take some responsibility for the health and wellness of themselves and their children.
    Checking a temperature is a very important skill which tells so much. However the method of taking the temperature is also important.

For all practical purposes, a regular medical thermometer, used under the arm, is all that is needed for anyone under the age of 4 years. Older than that, the same thermometer can be used under the tongue for most people. They cost about 3.00 Follow the instructions on the package.

Don't bother adding any numbers or trying to convert it, just tell the nurse or Dr that you took the temperature under the arm (or in the mouth) and this is the number.

Most hospitals bought high quality ear (tympanic) thermoeters. and now have gone back to the oral (mouth) and Axilla (armpit) route as the others were prone to operator error and inaccuracy.

More info can be found on the NHS direct website or from http://www.bchealthguide.org
    Paddy
    For reseach based medical info tryhttps://www.bchealthguide.org (remember it is Canada and British Columbia specifuic though)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure