watchdog - wonga loans

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Forumite
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    They should be prosecuted for their dreadful ageist advert, as they would be if it targeted certain other minority groups. Portraying old people as stupid & "Ga Ga"
  • Treadmill
    Treadmill Posts: 1,102 Forumite
    Wonga ads get everywhere, I don't think there is a free iPhone app that doesn't have them.
  • lovinituk wrote: »
    The guy they had in from Wonga was well out of his depth! Stuttering and repeating the same things, was very amusing watching him squirm :D
    Have you noticed the chair for the guest is different from Annes. Its a small perch difficult to relax in.
    Im no Gok Wan, but tartan skirt, leather top and bright red harry potter glasses ?.
  • MrSilk
    MrSilk Posts: 1,499
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Although I've never required the need to use Wonga, or been affected by any payments out of my account *touch wood*, I can truly sympathise with people who have.

I'm glad that this company who classes itself as a 'responsible lender' but prays on vulnerable people and charges hideous interest rates have been investigated by Watchdog and I believe that this investigation is well and truly long overdue.

I hope that the people affected by incorrect and scandalous charges are refunded immediately, along with the terrifying amount of interest Wonga charge, after all; that's what he agree'd.
  • LeeB1988 wrote: »
    I think even Ann was shocked when he agreed to refund plus the massive interest for victims of fraud lol

Anne Robinson's interview style is terrible. I know she wants to be forceful with her guests, but it's completely counter-productive.

The interview is for the interviewee to be heard, yet Anne seems to just go down the "me me me" approach. At the end of the interview, nobody is any the wiser.

If she actually allowed her guests to answer the questions put to them, then these interviews might serve a purpose. Instead, she seems to think that it is her personal responsibility to berate whichever PR junior has been sent along to Television Centre.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Apples2
    Apples2 Posts: 6,442 Forumite
    I wonder how many genuine borrowers are going to try the "it wasn't me" card?

About time the "I've had my card stolen so cancelled it" was replaced.
  • robpw2
    robpw2 Posts: 14,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    @WongaGillian anne robinson reading wonga contracts before #bbcwatchdog pic.twitter.com/BGHRWmrz

its humourous to me not sure they will like it

Slimming world start 28/01/2012 starting weight 21st 2.5lb current weight 17st 9-total loss 3st 7.5lb
    Slimmer of the month February , March ,April
  • MrSilk
    MrSilk Posts: 1,499
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    robpw2 wrote: »
    @WongaGillian anne robinson reading wonga contracts before #bbcwatchdog pic.twitter.com/BGHRWmrz

its humourous to me not sure they will like it

Seems that Anne has put a spanner in the works and now they have a HUGE grudge against someone who is only doing their job and speaking on behalf of all the innocent vulnerably people they have shafted... Says a lot about the company though doesn't it.
  • lovinituk
    lovinituk Posts: 5,711
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    MrSilk wrote: »
    Seems that Anne has put a spanner in the works and now they have a HUGE grudge against someone who is only doing their job and speaking on behalf of all the innocent vulnerably people they have shafted... Says a lot about the company though doesn't it.
    You do realise it was the poster above who posted the caption on Twitter and not Wonga, don't you?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure