Please help 'How much will cost to install gas central heating?'

Hi All,
I am going to buy a new house but there is no gas central heating installed. I want to install gas central heating before I move there. I don't know how much it gonna cost me to install gas central heating. There is no gas connection as well. Can anyone please give me a rough idea about the cost of installing central heating ? Also gas connection, are there any fee to pay? Which company would be the best, cheapest where I can pay by monthly installment as I don't have enough cash left.
Please tell me in detail.
Thanks.

Comments

• My house is 3 bed semi-detached house.
  • EliteHeat
    EliteHeat Posts: 1,382 Forumite
    farhadonly wrote: »
    There is no gas connection

You'd best mention this before arranging for someone to come around to quote you for installing gas central heating. Just a thought.
  • We've just had it installed. We had to contact National Grid to get the gas connected. It cost something like £500 and meanwhile we got lots of quotes from different Corgi Registered Plumbers. They were all different prices as it depends on your boiler. In the end we went with a middle of the range quote and it was around £2600 in total (although we bought a designer radiator on top of that). We had quotes up to £5000 though.
  • LottiePink wrote: »
    We've just had it installed. We had to contact National Grid to get the gas connected. It cost something like £500 and meanwhile we got lots of quotes from different Corgi Registered Plumbers. They were all different prices as it depends on your boiler. In the end we went with a middle of the range quote and it was around £2600 in total (although we bought a designer radiator on top of that). We had quotes up to £5000 though.
    Can you please tell me which company gave you £2600 quote? Can I pay them by monthly installment?
    Thanks.
  • salbot
    salbot Posts: 65 Forumite
    Hi, I just had central heating fitted. 10 radiators (4 bed house) and a boiler, including fitting etc. £3900. I had cheaper quotes but went with the company I was most impressed with. I am based in Leeds so the price may vary depending on where you live.

Thanks
    Salbot
    ps. I don't think you could pay in installments.
  • Unlikely you will be able to pay monthly unless you go with a big company and even then they may not like it. Credit card or loan may be an option?

To be honest, grab yourselves a yellow pages and a phone and call some people. Your house may have worse access or better access etc all houses are going to cost different amounts.
  • some companies will finance installations but you will pay top price .
  • rfem
    rfem Posts: 1 Newbie
    Hi,

I've just had a quote of £4,200 to install gas central heating in my second floor flat. On top of this I would have to pay for the gas connection (about £400) plus more to get the connection from the ground floor to the flat. And then radiators on tops of that. It all seems quite daunting, as the waiting time for the gas connection is about 8 weeks and I can't move until the renovation work, including heating, is completed so in the meantime I'm paying rent as well as a mortgage. I was also quote another £4,200 to get a new combi boiler installed. Any advice on a reasonably priced corgi engineer in the London area, or tips on getting gas central heating and combi boiler installed generally, would be very welcome!
  • t_obermory
    t_obermory Posts: 278
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    farhadonly wrote: »
    Can you please tell me which company gave you £2600 quote? Can I pay them by monthly installment?
    Thanks.

The big companies like British Gas (and I think NPower now) have a monthly payment plan; however by the time you've paid interest etc they'll probably be more expensive than having a local fitter do it.

As you're buying your house could you look at adding the extra say £5k as an arbitrary figure, to the mortgage, or looking at loan/ credit card interest rates in comparison to the companies interest rates. It might not work out cheaper but if you can't pay it all upfront I'd do your research as to which method would be cheapest for you.

HTH's
  • ler01kjh
    ler01kjh Posts: 164 Forumite
    I need to get a central heating system fitted in a maisonette I'm planning to buy. Would want a combi boiler and probably 5 radiators (bedroom, hallway, bathroom, living room, kitchen). Any ideas how much this could cost?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure