"Tinny sound" on new TV

2»

Comments

• Spank
    Spank Posts: 1,751 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    With all due respect thin plastic enclosures and their puny speakers can't compare for sound as opposed to say these images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSaMbZN9nd2oUU5i3BCEbsiZZQ4K86KDjBoCMB7rD65hW6SFViJ

True, but CRT TV's never had those size speakers & they were loud enough
  • mart44
    mart44 Posts: 218 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    The cabinets of CRT TVs had room for bigger speakers with deeper cones and larger magnets. It was generally easier to produce reasonable TV sound with an inexpensive speaker of this sort. Also, the enclosure partly acted as a speaker cabinet.
    Error! - Keyboard not attached. Press any key to continue.
  • Neil49
    Neil49 Posts: 3,074 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    A month or so ago I bought a Bush led tv from Argos and the sound was very tinny. It also developed a fault so I returned it and had a refund.

I now have a 19" LG led tv from Richer Sounds which has an output of 5 watts per channel and reviews all rated it good for sound quality. I agree, it has very good sound despite the fact that the case is very slim so I would say that the quality comes down to design and how much effort is put into making the sound good rather than saying all small led tv's have poor sound.

The problem is that you often can't hear tv's before you buy, you can only view the picture (and the picture on the Bush was great).

It's best to read reviews before buying to get feedback from real users.
  • almillar
    almillar Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    moonpenny - no - the thinner LED backlit TVs will have WORSE sound all other things being even because they have even less space to put the speakers in.
  • googler
    googler Posts: 16,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Get a pair of these....

westminster.jpg

https://www.tannoy.com/prestige
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income