BRITANNIA MUSIC CLUB

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    write to brittania, and state they have sent you unsolicited mail. and therefore unless they pay the postage for the item to be returned to them , under the law after 3 months you are entitled to keep it. it works
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Everyone dump this terrible company, they are not worth the effort.
    Pay them nothing if you haven't ordered something, and get out of there!

Do the same with World Books!! :(
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • Leothecat
    Leothecat Posts: 1,492
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Re World Books.
    I have an account with them. Original offer of 5 books for 1p each then a certain number (can remember how many) at full price.
    As Martin's advice re closing credit card accounts, I am going a step further and closing all account for anything I no longer use.
    When I called them to close this account I was informed that I had not meet the full criteria and had to take one more book at full price. This is 5 years later!!! Rip off con artists - that's another story.
    Anyway that's not really the issue. My question is, if they send out a book ie Editor's choice and I follow through with the 'unsolicited mail' thing posted above and refuse to pay if they don't send the postage, could I then find my details logged with a credit reference agency as non payment?
    Hope this makes sense.
  • rossy_2
    rossy_2 Posts: 19 Forumite
    just received a cd from the Brats today which was cancelled in plenty of time. Have wrote a letter cancelling membership and have also told them i wont receive any more mail from them and they will be forced to pay return postage. Will inform you all if this works. EVERONE DUMP EM!!!!!!!!!!!
  • COS
    COS Posts: 550
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    write to brittania, and state they have sent you unsolicited mail. and therefore unless they pay the postage for the item to be returned to them , under the law after 3 months you are entitled to keep it. it works

When you sign up to Britannia ypu agree to accept their terms and have you tell them monthly that you don't want the Disc of the month until you have fulfilled the T & C's.
    Rememember. Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
    Never pass up an opportunity to go to the bathroom.
    If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance. And finally, be really nice to your family and friends; you never know
    when, You might need them to empty your bedpan.
  • COS
    Forumite
    Further more

Britannia sent me a returns lable of which the Royal Mail advivised me to copy for future returns, I do.
    If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance. And finally, be really nice to your family and friends; you never know
  • ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

There are so many free CD's with Sunday papers these days there is no need to belong to the likes of Brittannia.

I dumped them months ago and no longer have to tear up their monthly rip off magazine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Be ALERT - The world needs more LERTS
  • COS
    Forumite
    I have just checked my account with this company and found that they have no full priced recordings on my order history of which I find strange. When taking out their intial offer you pay for one full priced recording and get three free. But as time as gone by they refuse to believe that I have ordered full priced recordings and therefore keep me indefinatly tied to them.

I have disputed their figures from day one and the response from them is that I am in the wrong, I believe this time they have some explaining to do.

Has anyone else got any evidence of under hand dealing with this company as as a group we can put it forward to BBC watch Dog as I think its time this company was investigated and reported to the Office Of Fairtrade.
  • rossy_2
    rossy_2 Posts: 19 Forumite
    yipeee lets get em sorted folks!!!!!!!! am away to see what i can dig up on these BRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • raeble
    raeble Posts: 911 Forumite
    I haven't got any evidence but I'm sure that watchdog have featured them before now. Send them your complaints, I'm sure they'd love to add to their big fat file on Britannia. ;D

home shopping rights
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport