Cheap Airport Parking: Edinburgh Airport hints, tips and local parking

2»

Comments

• Secure Air Parks (Self Park)
    100 Ingliston Road
    Ingliston
    Edinburgh
    EH28 8AU
    Used this company last week 1 min from Edinburgh Airport great service all done electronically YOU park & keep your keys go to the nearest bus stop and bus picks you up so quick, when you return no phoning just go to bus stop 10 (were you were dropped off) driver just arrived when we go there, and left straight away. We have used other parking sites THIS WAS THE BEST we have used. we booked using essentialtravel site but airportparkingscotland site are giving a discount if you enter BNT -Hope this helps
  • figgy
    figgy Posts: 32 Forumite
    If concerned about someone else moving your vehicle and damaging it, use a car park where you park your own vehicle and take your keys on holiday with you, then nobody can get into your car. We've used this system for years, mostly at Direct Parking Glasgow. No problems whatsoever. Someone once asked me about the risk to my vehicle if there was a fire.........does anyone really think the staff are going to take the time to move everyone's vehicles if this did happen :rotfl:
  • for much cheapness you could use one of the local park and ride schemes, then pay for the Jet 747 bus to the airport, it's about £6 return. It'll take longer but you might find you have time to spare after the drive.
  • Your missive to use the local park and ride is OK unless you are travelling at 0300 in the morning when the buses do not operate:(
  • elmoo2u
    elmoo2u Posts: 55 Forumite
    Hi,
    Looking for cheap Edinburgh parking for 4 days in April. I always use airports long stay car park but it seems to have shot up n price. Does anyone know if I can get discount on Edinburgh airport site?

Will only use a car park where I park and leave car, not giving my keys to anyone.

Any tips would be great :-)
  • janejamie
    janejamie Posts: 120 Forumite
    Hi there all, big thanks to MSE :money:- used the affiliated link from the Cheap Airport Parking page to Holiday Autos and got prices 30% cheaper than via Quidco. :beer:
    Park and Fly Meet and Greet £25 for a week at the end of March which is brilliantly helpful for disabled husband now they've moved the airport parking buses half a mile away from the terminal! :mad:
  • Try using the planeparking website (would not let me post a link). This allows you to park on the Edinburgh Airport Long Stay Car Park. It also offers discounted surface parking at the terminal and some meet and greet.

With the long stay you park and take your keys. Bus picks up every 7-10 minutes and it only takes a few mins to the Terminal bus stops. The bus stop is NOW a few minutes walk away, but it is the same for most if not all bus services. I have used this car park confidently for years.

Only the terminal surface parking, multi storey parking and valet style does not require a bus stop now.

The bus operates 24 hours a day but automatically from 5am until 11pm. Outside of that, you buzz on your way in to advise you need a bus, and call when you arrive (I have not had to do so yet).

When we travel out of hours we use the discounted surface parking - a bit more expensive but very convenient - exit terminal building, cross and your car is in the car park ahead - a minute or so to walk.

Hope that helps. The cost is significantly less than booking the long stay carpark in the normal manner and discounted for the surface terminal.

I cannot speak for the other operators since I have not used them.
  • wooried
    wooried Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I just booked five weeks parking using the Meet & Greet service at Edinburgh airport. It cost £81.90 through Holiday Extras. As I've used them before and they send me "Extra 10% off" emails I tried the link in one of those. It came out as over £96!

I've used the Meet & Greet service a few times in the past - never a problem leaving or collecting the car.

This time Meet & Greet was the cheapest option.

I'm a happy MSE saver!
  • I've used Edinburgh airport long stay parking several times now for up to five weeks at a time and found them very cheap and extremely efficient on one trip had to extend parking by two weeks this was done by rebooking on line by rebooking from original ending date to new date took printout of new booking with me in case of a problem on return but had no problems machine accepted my ticket as usual
    All booking is done on line as early as possible for best price
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure