lost my job and cant pay minimum payment on credit card

Comments

• Dr_Cuckoo3
    Dr_Cuckoo3 Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    dmg24 wrote: »
    Plus a family being placed in a hostel is extremely unlikely. I don't know if it is a national policy but in my area that does not happen at all. ;)

He doesn't mention whether his "wife and family" have moved in to the hostel with him , however he still needs to feed them according to his earlier post ;)
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Inactive wrote: »
    Those that are open at 4.15 pm on a Saturday, mine certainly isn't.
    Perhaps he lives somewhere different to you.
  • It would appear there are some mean spirited and cynical people on here!

How do you live with yourselves?
  • zulubabe
    zulubabe Posts: 974 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The OP could be using a mate's internet? Choosing to ignore all the other posts - credit card debt as far as I am aware is unsecured debt. This means that they can't take anything off you for credit card debt. I would call up your credit card company - explain the situation to them & if you can afford it then offer them a token payment. Also do yourself a huge favour and make an appointment to see your local citizen's advice bureau as soon as possible - they are a huge help & give you hope even when there seems to be none.

Please don't do anything silly - I suffer from depression too & earlier this year it was so tempting to throw in the towel - yes I'm still in debt but with Citizen's Advice I've felt so much more hopeful and have realised that one day I will be debt free.

Hope this helps!
    2019 Wins: Feb: £10 Aldi Voucher, Frankie & Benny's meal for 2; May: Game from Maynards. June: 2x tickets to Foodies Festival July: £100 September: £30; October: £1000, Goldfinch Merch Pack

Thanks those who post Comps
  • hmmmmmm shouldnt judge anybody without solid evidence, the person has asked if he was dead would his debt be wiped, what if the poor fella is thinking of doing something silly, obviously hes at an all time low with debt/money worries. im abit disgusted with the replies to be fair!
  • Norfolk_Jim
    Norfolk_Jim Posts: 1,301 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    He needs to post this in the Debt Free forum, that where the most suitable help is available.

Each of these forums seems to have its own atmos, and some are definitely more sensitive than others - this ones pretty formal but the Debt free One is full of love, so try again over there.
  • robpw2
    robpw2 Posts: 14,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    also what happens ifi died? my wife cant work
    you leave your wife with and awful lot of pain and heartache..
    seriously its not worth dying over
    post you soa up on debt free board
    seek help from cab , cccs and also from the samaritans , seek advice from a dr about your depression.

i know its tough coming up to christmas but try to stick in there
    you could try temporary bar work over the festive period loads of places need extra staff new years eve - it wont be alot of money but it could pay this months bill - see entitled to about benefits you may be entitled to other than just jsa , you say your wife cannot work , is she claiming all she is entiled to ?

Slimming world start 28/01/2012 starting weight 21st 2.5lb current weight 17st 9-total loss 3st 7.5lb
    Slimmer of the month February , March ,April
  • kev.s
    kev.s Posts: 513 Forumite
    how much is your minimum payment? if your willing to pay £50pm i presume the minimum is much more ,it must be a fair CC bill you have. CAB would be my 1st stop
  • rb10 wrote: »
    You can get free internet access from most public libraries.
    The library must be closed today (Sunday) as the OP hasn't come back to thank everyone for their advice.
    Are you for real? - Glass Half Empty??
    :coffee:
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 19 December 2010 at 2:41PM
    Too much of this thread is a disgrace to MSE
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure