Tesco GG100 internet phone on Skype.

Ok be gentle :p-

I have just bought a Tesco GG100 dual phone- but can't get it to work on Skype.
I installed the phone via plug and play, in Skype options I've set it to the usb cordless phone. As the phone didn't work on Skype I installed the Tesco software (without registering it) but still no luck :o
Can anyone help please?
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."...Miss piggy

Comments

• Hi, Alana-Lea

I've just bought the GG100 too, but as yet no luck with Skype, either - if I find a work-around, I'll post the results!
  • Hi,
    I also recently bought a Tesco Internet Phone GG100. Like you guys even I am unable to use it with Skype. Can anyone suggest some way we can use it with Sykpe?

I have come across 1 thing - We can only communicate using the phone if the numbers are dialed using the handset. If the numbers are dialed using the software I was unable to communicate with the other person.

Nikesh
  • Hi,
    I too bought the GG100 phone from Tesco last week, after many attempts to get it to work with Skype I gave up and took the phone back to Tesco for a refund. Then I bought the Binatone Skype compatible S1545 from Argos, to my amazment it is the same phone, once I loaded the Binatone driver all works well with Skype.
  • Guys there seems to be a work around - a very simple one.

As you might known that only if we dial using the handset communication is possible, the PC software initiated communication isnt possible - all you need to do when the phone is in "PC Online" mode is press the * button and hit the dial button. By doing this the device establishes connection with the PC.

The phone will now work as a normal sound out/in device and can be used with any software including Skype for sound in/out.

Let me know if this helps.

Note: The software needs to be configured for using Tesco Phone (Usb Cordless Phone) as the Sound in/out device.
  • Another update, particularly in light of Tesco about to discontinue its service.

I have a Tesco GG100 and after several fruitless searches I decided to hunt for Binatone drivers. I found a page on Skype's forum for the L1545 and there was a link to download a driver file for the S1545 (S for Skype apparently) and installed it. Lo and behold Skype picked it up and now I am connected.

nb I am using Win XP SP3.

pps I cannot list the link as I am a newbie :(
  • dlk1973
    dlk1973 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Further to the postings above, all you need to do for both the Tesco Internet Phone GG100 and GG200 is find the Binatone S1545 setup file.

Uninstall the Tesco Internet software (doesn't work now anyway!!), install Skype then install the Binatone internet phone setup.exe file.

The phones work seamlessly with Skype. I'm using the latest version of Skype (running in Windows XP SP2 compatability mode) and Windows 7, working great for me.

I found the Binatone file posted on someone elses website, couldn't find it on Binatones website.
  • Can anybody share the link for s1545 software. Would be really grateful.:T
  • As above, could someone give a link to the s1545 software. The link on the Skype forum appears to be a Trogen. :mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure