Cancel Experian account?

Comments

• jaybee
    jaybee Posts: 1,555 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks - I'll 'phone them in the morning.
  • kingkano
    kingkano Posts: 1,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just in case anyone else wonders.....

You will still be able to log in if they cancel it, as they just set it to 'not renew' so you can still access the credit report etc :D atleast I could lol.
  • If you sign up for any 'free trials' and you have Internet Banking. Just keep an eye on your Direct Debits and as soon as it appears on your account (it should appear long before it is due for payment) cancel it. The bank will inform the company that it has been cancelled and you don't have to do anything.
  • Experian_company_representative
    Experian_company_representative Posts: 2,134 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    You can't pay for CreditExpert by Direct Debit. You need a credit card or Visa debit card.
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of Experian. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"

Posts by James Jones, Neil Stone, Stuart Storey & Joe Standen
  • Used the 0800 6569000 and fine.

They did try and use the ''you've still got 2 days left. I can see you're linked to 2 addresses maybe something you want to look at etc etc and ...''

Hoping you go off and check and BAM you pay for month :mad:

:rolleyes:Remember you can save web pages easily. Just view your report, open all relevant bits up and save page in a folder
    :money:
  • HCN wrote: »
    Have just used the advice in the article on credit ratings to receive a free report from Experian - signing up for a free 30 day trial, giving direct debit details. Unfortunately, I have now got stuck when trying to cancel the account - the money saving article advises that this should be done immediately so it doesn't get forgotten - but I can't find a way of doing this online on the Experian website. If anyone else has done this and knows how to go about cancelling, I'd really appreciate your advice. Otherwise, guess I'll have to wait while Monday and phone them to cancel?
    i done exactly the same thing and signed up to experian, then at no clear point did they tell me or state anywhere how too cancel it, they do this on purpose the best thing is just to cancel the direct debit at the bank, its your money so dont let them have it.
  • I have been with Experian for two years and last year i cancelled with my bank, and just now 5 March i see that they have taken a months payment ( Experian) that is, i phoned my bank and because i did it on my card, i have to phone them up to stop the payments.
    Reason being that every time i try to get into the site they are doing a maintenence check i have tried on numerous occasions, but from reading the posts i see i will have to phone them up.
    But thank you, at least i'm not on my own.
  • I just got off the phone to creditexpert, the guy I spoke with was a little weird, and as any saleman would tried to keep me on.. It's not worth it, he went onto say about more history and addresses, but I just wanted to cancel. I ended up losing it towards the end as he really didn't take the hint, and started coughing.. gross.. anyway you have to pay for the phone call regardless of the "free trial"
  • I think I cancelled mine through the website.
    Competition Wins:

Glee Goodie Bag!
  • They certainly try to make it difficult for you - ype in "cancel" or "terminate" into the FAQ box, and you won't find anything.

Their website says "customer services open 8-7 Monday to Friday."

If you try option 4 - cancel, at 6.40pm as I did, you are told the office is closed. Try any other option and surprise surprise, someone will answer your call.

So, after terse call with option 3, she kindly gave me a direct line to the cancellations team. It's:

0800 561 0083 - only open until 6.00pm...

...the website won't tell you that.)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport