'The £1 Million cash card' - Anyone played it lately?

Major_Star
Major_Star Posts: 14 Forumite
edited 23 January 2018 at 10:17AM in I won! I won! I won!
MoneySavingExpert Insert:

Hi there, you've reached an old forum discussion. For the latest Competition entering tips you might like to read our 41 Comping Tips

Back to Major Star's original post...

---

Hello

Has anyone recieved this in the last few days (from purely creative), and if so have you telephoned to find out what the winning symbols are?

If so, could you share them with me so that I don't have to phone up if I haven't recieved anything worth claiming?

On two separate cards, I have two out of three matching symbol, and three out of three matching symbols on another.

Thanks. :j

Comments

• Major_Star
    Anyone? :confused:
  • peawack
    peawack Posts: 316 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Major_Star wrote: »
    Hello

Has anyone recieved this in the last few days (from purely creative), and if so have you telephoned to find out what the winning symbols are?

If so, could you share them with me so that I don't have to phone up if I haven't recieved anything worth claiming?

On two separate cards, I have two out of three matching symbol, and three out of three matching symbols on another.

Thanks. :j

I was thinking the same thing myself !
    Found these scratchcards (purely creative ) in a magazine, and guess what ?
    Two Identical symbols on one card, and THREE on the other !
    While it brackets the THREE identical symbols with the big money prizes, it does'nt actually say the card is a winner.
    It does however say that it will cost me £9 to register my claim ! (6Mins phone call @ £1.50 per minute )
    Their website is full of allegedly Happy members of the public who have won prizes, but like you, I would like to hear from one or more of them.
    Peter
  • peawack
    peawack Posts: 316 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Major_Star wrote: »
    Anyone? :confused:

There is a detailed thread on this, and I as I suspected there is little or no chance of winning with these cards. Barely legal I would say.
    Peter
  • "Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into someone else's nonsense, tell yourself: Not my circus, not my monkeys." - Mark Borkowski.
  • Major_Star
    Yes, but I can't see the winning symbols on that post.

Could someone post what each symbol is worth please?
  • £1,000,000 = 3 x Hearts, Lollies, Clamps

100,000 = 3 x Grape Symbols

£50,000 = 3 x Telephone Symbols

BMW S3 = 3 x Pencil Symbols

£10,000 = 3 x Drum Symbols

SONY HDTV = 3 x Cake Symbols

Holidays in Italy for 2 = 3 x rabbits, Trees, Airplanes Symbols

Most likely you get to win holidays for 2 with the T&C making it too difficult to claim it, due to unavailability of flights and hotels etc...
  • marazul79
    marazul79 Posts: 15 Forumite
    I've got 3 cherries so am assuming that its not worth the bother?
  • mpython
    mpython Posts: 3,677 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    So that means the £1m prize has gone & its now definetly not worth entering.

(BTW, colin95 joined today and posted the same thing on several different threads about scratchcard competitions - viral marketing or what?)
    From MSE Martin - Some General Tips On Holiday Home Organisations and Sales Meetings

DO NOT TOUCH ANY OF THEM WITH A BARGEPOLE!
  • Colin95 wrote: »
    According to the Purely Creative website (www.purelycreative.com) - they have a lot of winners, including a new £1 Million winner.

What do you make of that?

I saw a article the other day (possibly in the metro) with a photo showing the £1 million winner, a young woman.
  • I've made some posts on another thread about this a few hours ago, but it has been mysteriously deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure