Stay away from myhermes delivery company - total quack company

Comments

• burcrita1
    burcrita1 Posts: 161 Forumite
    i v been using Hermes for long time.I had no problem with the service at all.Yes there were couple of late deliveries..thats it.Our local Hermes lady is fab.She knows our school run times.I sometimes drop parcels to her house.All i can say every company has good and bad points.
    i personaly would never use DHL and HDN again.Dhl lost my items 3-4 times.i was out of pocket.HDN is different ball game.I dont like the way they operate.They try to delivery your goods once.They dont try again unless you give them a call(10p a minute).Useless.............:mad:
  • lindseykim13
    lindseykim13 Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    As this thread is up, i'll just say that i continue to use them for my business/ebay shop and considering i have collections nearly every day i have only ever had 2 collections go wrong and that was because my usual courier had been ill and the stand in was useless! It did also take 3 emails to get my refund. I still use them though as much easier than lugging them to the PO and a tad cheaper with the general rule being if they haven't collected by 5pm i take them to the post office and get a refind off hermes.
  • DaveAshton
    DaveAshton Posts: 7,851
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    burcrita1 wrote: »
    Dhl lost my items 3-4 times.i was out of pocket.
    Is there a reason you didn't claim the compensation for lost parcels? If you keep all the relevant paperwork, and proof of the value of the item, you shouldn't have a situation where you're out of pocket... unless you decided not to buy the increased comensation for a high value item, obviously. And that'd be your fault, not theirs.
    Back on MSE after a 5 year hiatus.

:heart2: Rhi :heart2:
  • burcrita1
    burcrita1 Posts: 161 Forumite
    DaveAshton wrote: »
    Is there a reason you didn't claim the compensation for lost parcels? If you keep all the relevant paperwork, and proof of the value of the item, you shouldn't have a situation where you're out of pocket... unless you decided not to buy the increased comensation for a high value item, obviously. And that'd be your fault, not theirs.
    did i say anything about not claiming back! of course i claimed.first of all i had to refund the buyer.they dont pay real value of your item.they asked me to show ebay invoice.It took nearly 40 days to get my money back except postage i paid.I was out of pocket £9
  • I bought an item off eBay & the guy used 'myhermes' to deliver,they picked it up next day,then the following day checking their parcel tracking they said it was sent to their 'central hub'.

Six days later,& guess what,its still says its at their 'central hub'.

So i used their contact on the web page,filled it in got an instant automated reply telling me their sorry they cant deal with me about it & to contact the company i bought the item off.

On the site i was on there wasnt any telephone number to ring.

So in conclusion my opinion of 'myhermes' is not good.:(:mad:
  • DaveAshton
    DaveAshton Posts: 7,851
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    burcrita1 wrote: »
    did i say anything about not claiming back! of course i claimed.first of all i had to refund the buyer.they dont pay real value of your item.they asked me to show ebay invoice.It took nearly 40 days to get my money back except postage i paid.I was out of pocket £9
    So they asked for the ebay invoice, which shows how much you sold it for not how much you bought it for? I don't see how you made a loss then, unless you're selling at a loss in the first place.

I could understand it if the courier wanted to see your buying price originally (cost of replacement) but to compensate based on the selling price... Shame Royal Mail don't do that :p
    Back on MSE after a 5 year hiatus.

:heart2: Rhi :heart2:
  • vicki_b
    vicki_b Posts: 306 Forumite
    i agree Hermes are total RUBBISH, they have delivered 2 of my parcels to the wrong address and then called me a liar saying they had delivered them to me-i only got them back as the person who they had wrongly delivered them to knocked on my door!one of them had been left in the garden at the wrong address!they have also completely lost another parcel!

when you try and complain about them, its always their word over yours and they have done the job for years etc etc

i wouldn't use them in a million years
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,219
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Forumite
    I also have problems with My Hermes, the goods get here fine but if i have to send something back they never turn up on the day, i booked a return for Monday and they turned up this morning , always the same they never turn up when they are meant to.
  • SADIE
    SADIE Posts: 527 Forumite
    Originally posted by deanos
    I also have problems with My Hermes, the goods get here fine but if i have to send something back they never turn up on the day, i booked a return for Monday and they turned up this morning , always the same they never turn up when they are meant to.

What did the courier say when you quizzed them about the no show?

I've had some problems as a courier, a different day being given for collection to me and to the customer although generally I lose and it's a day earlier than the customer expects.

If that's not the case, complain, My Hermes don't like no shows from couriers.
  • Gabesmum
    Gabesmum Posts: 69 Forumite
    The women who used to deliver and collect for me have packed in recently, it's a shame as I always got fantastic service from them. Always very quick at delivering and picking up. Since the new couriers took over I've had parcels delivered later than they used to be and a complete no show to collect a parcel last week. Shame really.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure