How to check your Internet usage (bandwidth)

Comments

• http://www.softperfect.com/products/networx/
    will do much the same thing and you get a month's free trial.
    It has established how much of an Internet saddo I am, since I've exceeded 5GB already this month. (a one off, as I spent two weeks working from home) but at least it gives me proof positive to switch from my 27.99 Orange Unlimited account to one that will be a tenner less next month!
  • Janeyjaz
    Janeyjaz Posts: 544 Forumite
    anybody any idea how we woul monitor the useage on xbox 360 live, in our house we have 2 desktops a laptop and the 360, we are thinking about ending our connction with AOL and going to the Sky Max option, as AOL is very slow now.
    Thanks for any help
    Titch :)
  • mrJ_5
    mrJ_5 Posts: 1,064 Forumite
    sounds like you would be using a router - most routers have some sort of statistics monitoring service on them - normally you can access your router by typing in http://192.168.0.1 in your web browser

most of the time, everything is measured in bytes, so remember to divide by 1024 for KB, 1024 again for MB, and 1024 a third time for GB

hope this helps
  • Thank you, have tried this but at the moment the connection is timing out, so I will keep trying
  • Janeyjaz
    Janeyjaz Posts: 544 Forumite
    thought I'd contact them and get an anwser from them - live help - took me a whole day to get to correspond with an Indian guy who was no help - he didn't know and just kept giving me apologies. Anyway I then tried ringing them after looking the phone number up on say no to 0870, through to another Indian guy after about 7 minutes, he gave me my router address ip and I checked it, so I think I will ditch AOL - 29.99 a month for not a very good service, I need to monitor my useage first though
  • Milarky
    Milarky Posts: 6,355 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I've downloaded NetMeter and it's running fine now - except that it appears to double the download speed (i.e. my BB is 1MEG - 128K but the Meter shows a constant DL speed in the '250 KB/s' range) from what it should be.

(Any thoughts on this?)
    .....under construction.... COVID is a [discontinued] scam
  • MickKnipfler
    MickKnipfler Posts: 1,983 Forumite
    I found the invisible sticky.....

Sorry was in the office and just needed the answer.
  • njtkc
    njtkc Posts: 58 Forumite
    Brilliant just posted a thread regarding this.......
  • Stuartli
    Stuartli Posts: 105 Forumite
    I use Tautology Bandwidth Meter - does exactly what it says on the tin and provides daily and monthly downloads and uploads information. See:

http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/link/tbm/
  • SuperG_2
    SuperG_2 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Hmm, Maybe I've just been luck but my ISP has never charged me for going over my allowance. (Wanadoo/Orange) Any other users had a similar experience?
    Still though, I think NetMeter is great. Been using it for a few months - Just in case. You never can be too sure of anything!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure