Pointshop.co.uk has debited me for £45 x 2!

Comments

• makara
    makara Posts: 462
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Good result, Seren - be sure to keep checking your Bank / Credit Card statements for the next 3 months - just in case a charge does surface.

It probably won't happen - but keep an eye out just in case.
  • Fruittea
    Fruittea Posts: 956
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I've just found this thread ater realising that 5 x £45 payments have been taken from my cc. Really upset about it and just spoke to the cc campany who have advosed me to change my card but from the thread it seems as though I'll loose the money.

I signed up for the toothbrush - never got it - that's how they got my details. To be honest who would ever look at the t and c as it didn't look at all obvious it was a chargable site.

I tried to phone them and it was just a Danish answerphone. Have just tried to emailing them so will come back later and report.

I'll read through the thread again for any ideas.
  • Please I have had over three hundred pound out of my account with no knowledge about this company.. for nothing in return may i add. I tell you what I work bloody hard for my money and I have been fighting for this money back... I have been to the citizens advice, bank itself(spoke to two different managers), went to the police, wrote several emails and made over a dozen calls. Was told today "you know what's holding you back?" I'm apparently the only person who have made an official complaint, please instead of bumping your gums on sites like these make the complaint!! I'm gobsmacked especially after researcing this company and seeing so many bad comments towards them! If someone did before now we could have had this con-site shut down and saved hundreds of people an upsetting ordeal.. I'm going to try my hardest so that this won't happen to anyone else... please if your in the same boat do the same!!

21/F/Edinburgh thank you for taking the time to read this!
  • I would guess that the £45 debited from your account was payment for the full month, on the first day of that month. Since they said your account would be active until 26th August, it makes sense that they'd charge you on the first day of that month and allow you to keep the membership for 30 days since you've already paid for it.
  • firstly i use these and there fine that's what you get when you try ripping them of to get what YOU WANT without reading the terms and conditions and the costs of membership after the trial ends its clearly stated when signing up for the trial you have just seen get the free gift for a £1 without taking notice thinking you can just cancel before the trial ends and get free stuff, i use this site i get free stuff and they deliver items promply also there english is fine seen as its an english female that replies to them people like you are in it for the cheapest things or free things never mind what it says or does then complain when things dont go your way theres plenty of ways to complain and let others know thats why forums help loads but false information is wrong YOU AND YOU ONLY SHOULD GET IN THE REAL WORLD NOTHING IS FREE IN THIS WORLD WE ALL HAVE TO PAY OUR WAY AND ITS ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT ANYWAY AS YOU OBVIOUSLY COULDN'T BE BOTHERED TO SEE HOW MUCH MEMBERSHIP COST'S THATS DOWN TO YOU.i bet you read them to find out how much it was when they charged you didnt you?? it is there to be read people take your time sorry to be so harshe but im a strong believer in facts before slating anyone who doesnt can complain tough lol
  • visidigi
    visidigi Posts: 6,439
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    skhodgkiss wrote: »
    firstly i use these and there fine that's what you get when you try ripping them of to get what YOU WANT without reading the terms and conditions and the costs of membership after the trial ends its clearly stated when signing up for the trial you have just seen get the free gift for a £1 without taking notice thinking you can just cancel before the trial ends and get free stuff, i use this site i get free stuff and they deliver items promply also there english is fine seen as its an english female that replies to them people like you are in it for the cheapest things or free things never mind what it says or does then complain when things dont go your way theres plenty of ways to complain and let others know thats why forums help loads but false information is wrong YOU AND YOU ONLY SHOULD GET IN THE REAL WORLD NOTHING IS FREE IN THIS WORLD WE ALL HAVE TO PAY OUR WAY AND ITS ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT ANYWAY AS YOU OBVIOUSLY COULDN'T BE BOTHERED TO SEE HOW MUCH MEMBERSHIP COST'S THATS DOWN TO YOU.i bet you read them to find out how much it was when they charged you didnt you?? it is there to be read people take your time sorry to be so harshe but im a strong believer in facts before slating anyone who doesnt can complain tough lol

And people wonder why newbies get a hard time on this site...
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 7 December 2012 at 12:49PM
    skhodgkiss wrote: »
    ...also there english is fine seen as its an english female that replies to them people like you...
    Excuse me for saying this, but are you the best person to comment on the quality of anyone's English?

I think what you meant to write was...
    ...also [STRIKE]there[/STRIKE] their [STRIKE]english[/STRIKE] English is fine [STRIKE]seen[/STRIKE] seeing as [STRIKE]its[/STRIKE] it's an [STRIKE]english[/STRIKE] English female that replies to [STRIKE]them[/STRIKE] those people like you...
  • dalesrider
    dalesrider Posts: 3,447 Forumite
    wealdroam wrote: »
    Excuse me for saying this, but are you the best person to comment on the quality of anyone's English?

I think what you meant to write was...

As a few will know from my posts I'm very keen on these deals and people reading the T/C.
    Well on looking at the site and goingto sign up. It say's you have to agree to their terms....
    Now this is where most fall down as it is clearly stated any on going charges.....
    For once I'm gobsmacked :rotfl: Their T/C have no mention at all about any charges.
    Even trying to find out about VIP membership gives not mention of any charges...
    So this is a unfair. Charge.
    Someone needs to get their bank to do a chargeback on the £45 to see what info they provide.
    Or can someone post a copy of the email they get sent when joining up.
    Never ASSUME anything its makes a
    >>> A55 of U & ME <<<
  • skhodgkiss wrote: »
    firstly i use these and there fine that's what you get when you try ripping them of to get what YOU WANT without reading the terms and conditions and the costs of membership after the trial ends its clearly stated when signing up for the trial you have just seen get the free gift for a £1 without taking notice thinking you can just cancel before the trial ends and get free stuff, i use this site i get free stuff and they deliver items promply also there english is fine seen as its an english female that replies to them people like you are in it for the cheapest things or free things never mind what it says or does then complain when things dont go your way theres plenty of ways to complain and let others know thats why forums help loads but false information is wrong YOU AND YOU ONLY SHOULD GET IN THE REAL WORLD NOTHING IS FREE IN THIS WORLD WE ALL HAVE TO PAY OUR WAY AND ITS ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT ANYWAY AS YOU OBVIOUSLY COULDN'T BE BOTHERED TO SEE HOW MUCH MEMBERSHIP COST'S THATS DOWN TO YOU.i bet you read them to find out how much it was when they charged you didnt you?? it is there to be read people take your time sorry to be so harshe but im a strong believer in facts before slating anyone who doesnt can complain tough lol

This being your only post, do you work for the company or something? Your English is worse than the company's, so I don't think you'd notice if theirs was any good or not. No-one was even complaining about the language - they accept that it is a foreign company.
    The whole point of these offers is that customers get something for free. The companies depend on the customer not cancelling to make their money back. If taking advantage of the offer was a terrible thing, then companies wouldn't offer a gift with a trial which can be cancelled.
  • Hello everyone.

I am another foolish victim of the Pointshop. I fell for the toothbrush freebee... I must had been not thinking straight as the flu was on-setting at the time. My excuse is that I assumed my subscription would not be complete until I verify all three: CC, email, address. Never received the postal address verification and thought my trial would not start unless all three are verified as per requirements. I was wrong, they said they 'sometimes manually verify address.'

As I gather from all previous posts, the struggle to have a refund is futile. Although they now have UK telephone number for customer support, they do not really support anyone, very unhelpful, arrogant and read all answers from a script like parrots.

Lets assume the service is genuine, how do I make use of it?

1. I was credited with VIP ordering bonus (Braun electric toothbrush) 4,660 points, with which I should have been able to order the gift from their shop - I cannot find it - search comes with 2 children's brush heads exchangeable for 5,560 points. Has anyone managed to order it? Please help.

2. If I stay filling in all the questionnaires/surveys/writing blogs, say at a speed of 5 mins per one, I get from 10 to 150 points. With my very approximate calculations I may get up to £45-worth of points in about 40 hours [anyone with better skills in arithmetic please feel free to correct me]. That is one week full-time job at £1 an hour?! And I do not get paid in ££, only I can do is order goods, which I could have purchased for the same price without the hassle. Then I would need to spend another week to [if I were unemployed] to get the worth of internet/electricity/and-the-like costs. And the third week to actually earn something. After all that, the list of goods is long but in no way comprehensive. I can earn points for shopping in ex. Tesco, where I need to spend real ££. Where will those come from if I spend all my time sitting on PointSphere?

3. Now, having had the experience and knowledge of their modus operandi, we, perhaps, can use it to our redemption. Sign up for a freebee, make sure to order it, and cancel. And change your CC number! And subscribe again, and order a freebee again, and so on so forth until you feel avenged. Everyone is invited to participate and to perfect the scheme.

Replies are very much appreciated. Need a bit of emotional support.

Thanking you in advance,
    Marivanna

Oh! And each time I fill in survey, I give out my email address so after filling in 100's of surveys I imagine the amount of scam coming through! All over, it is a scam company and their T&C saying just that 'you, being an idiot you are,are signing your ££ away to us, lol.'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure