Pots of gold help!

I must apologise to start with, this site keeps crashing for me and the search function isn't working for me. Anwyay I have looked in the normal places and can't find it.

I made up 5 pots of gold yesterday but wondered how many scratchcards you guys used? I have only put 1 in each as I am doing retro sweet boxes that will have hidden money in them. However they look plain or is it just me? Also have people used anything in the bottom to bulk them out a bit? my bowls are from ikea 79p each I think they were but they are very deep!
Any advice would be appreciated. Thankyou
Pics.
DSCN2822.jpg
Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists

Comments

• I have bought my things to make pots of gold

But haven't had the time yet .....:(

I have some gold tissue paper that was from morrisons 5 sheets for £1 or 2 for £1.50. Its going in the bottom to bulk it out abit ;) I just need to find suitable scratchcards now

Oooh i bought some of asdas smartprice chocolate eclairs to go in there too ( Well i seen the gold wrappers and thought ideal...

Love your pots of gold
    furrypig says:my name is Choccy and I am addicted to nose free stamps as I want to save them all and give them noses!!!:rotfl:
    About me. Im Choccy or Chocolate orange depending on where i am.Yes occasionally i am a total looon who spends too long online,but no where near as much £ as her spendy elves do ..:D
  • porlock
    porlock Posts: 190 Forumite
    Personally, I'd have put the Ferrero Rocher more at the bottom for bulk and put the coins on top. I think that might make it look more substantial/have more of the 'treasure chest' look you want to achieve.

Just a thought, like.
  • Giggle
    Giggle Posts: 3,137 Forumite
    I have put some tissue paper in mine yours look lovely. Are any of you selling yours or are you just giving them away
    I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It
  • mine have 2x £1 coins in them, chocolate coins, ferrero rocher, worthers original (wrapped) and assorted gold sweets form the market so there is loads in them. they are both only having 1 scratch card in when hubby buys them.
    due to spilling coffee :coffee: on my keyboard it works when it wants to :rotfl:

member 1254 sealed pot 4
  • I did a trial run with mine yesterday using a glass (I haven't bought my 'pots' yet) and also feel like I need something to bulk them out. I used Ferrero Rocher, Werthers Originals and Coins in mine. I'm going to use one scratch card and one lotto ticket. I think yours look great though Rusty, I love the Ikea pots, might be grabbing a few of them myself! x
    FTB Tracker
    Offer Accepted: May 2nd
    Mortgage Application: May 3rd

Survey: May 13th / Satisfactory Valuation: May 13th
    Formal Offer Text: May 16th

Exchange/Completion...still waiting :(
  • porlock wrote: »
    Personally, I'd have put the Ferrero Rocher more at the bottom for bulk and put the coins on top. I think that might make it look more substantial/have more of the 'treasure chest' look you want to achieve.

Just a thought, like.

I tried that ... only problem being the bowls are a funny shape so the coins just slid down to the bottom!
  • Julie_H wrote: »
    I have put some tissue paper in mine yours look lovely. Are any of you selling yours or are you just giving them away

Thanks, I think I have some gold tissue paper in the garage so will try and dig it out see what I can find.

Mine are just for mine and OH's sisters/brothers/sil/bil as we normally just put £10 in a card but this year I didn't want to do the whole boring thing so went for £15 max spend and so far the posts of gold have only cost approx £2.00 ish each.
  • mine have 2x £1 coins in them, chocolate coins, ferrero rocher, worthers original (wrapped) and assorted gold sweets form the market so there is loads in them. they are both only having 1 scratch card in when hubby buys them.

Thanks :) I think I will get some werthers and see if they can go at the bottom to bulk up a little.
  • angie_baby
    angie_baby Posts: 1,640 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    has anyone got any ideas on what type of pot i could use? :confused:

Im doing about 12 but havent seen anything cheapish or something i like.

Can any one help? :o

Thanks

PS. Im was only going to use choc coins and 2 cards. Will prob use some tissue paper to pad it out a bit.
  • Mme.Hibou
    Mme.Hibou Posts: 1,667 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    What could one use instead of Ferrero Rocher? Or just fill up using smaller golden wrapped sweets?

,___,
    (oVo)
    /)vvv)
    /m m
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business