Tesco Clubcard - Extra Points Goods

Comments

• I love Tesco's additional Clubcard point deals particularly when you use them for Clubcard Deals and they are worth 4 times the value of the points themselves.

Net result is that providing you actually plan to buy something from Clubcard Deals e.g. Holiday, Magazine, RAC, Days Out etc. Tesco are paying you to eat e.g. Fishfingers at £1.79 (50 free Clubcard Points worth £2 in Clubcard Deals) so the Fishfingers are free AND you get 21p.

The key is to NEVER spend the Clubcard Vouchers in the shop. Always put them towards a Clubcard deal. If you have a Clubcard Plus card you get 2% back worth 8% against Clubcard deals which is a great return on grudge purchases such as petrol.

There was a time Tesco were offering 200 points free with 2 Finest Meals. Total cost about £8 value of Clubcard Tokens = £8 :-)
  • jellyhead
    jellyhead Posts: 21,555
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    yep, they're doing it with vouchers i got sent yesterday for one of the clubs - spend £2 on bakery for example, get 50 points. worth joining all the clubs, if you don't have a baby or child in the correct age ranges you might have a pet who wants to join :-)
    52% tight
  • gmrsupplies
    gmrsupplies Posts: 185 Forumite
    So from this, If i buy 1000 packets of burgers costing £990, I would get £2000 points worth of clubcard deals ? Is this correct, so I could pay for a £2000 pound holiday from French Life with a total spend of £1000 worth of burgers ? And have a burger party, just bring your own cobs !!!!!!!!!
    Up the Rams !!
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Completly mad but possible if your store stocked such a quantity of packs and you ahd freezer space for them and you could get enough people to come and eat them and bring their own baps, relishes, onins etc LOL

Mary
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • thepearce
    thepearce Posts: 2,287
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    So from this, If i buy 1000 packets of burgers costing £990, I would get £2000 points worth of clubcard deals ? Is this correct, so I could pay for a £2000 pound holiday from French Life with a total spend of £1000 worth of burgers ? And have a burger party, just bring your own cobs !!!!!!!!!
    I like it............ I've done similar (though not to such an extent) with Mars bars in the past (cinema tickets & I won a phone).

IIRC Tesco have a policy which means you can only buy 6 of anything..... never usually applied but they might in this case :) Also a good time to use a double points copuon :)
  • thepearce
    Forumite
    Reminds me of the guy who bought all those bananas a few years ago.... I couldn't find the original stories but here's some details :

"someone really benefited from a loyalty card points scheme, seems to be a chap who noticed that the bonus points on bananas sold in Tesco's could be cashed in at a greater value than their purchase price. Buying up all the stock, then handing it away free outside the door, earned him a small profit and made him a popular man. Except with Tesco's who had to go to a lot of trouble and expense having notices printed up for display in all their stores pointing out that bulk purchases were at the discretion of the management."

(source: http://www.derbygripe.co.uk/realuk/safeways.htm)
  • Leylauk
    Leylauk Posts: 602 Forumite

Plus if you have any coupons to use you can further discount the cost of the holiday on average most stores accept at least 10% the value of the shop in coupons for things you have not bought - therefore less than £900 for a £2000 holiday :)
    Total for 2009: L'Oreal Lip Duo, Diary, Motability Guide
    Thanks to everyone who post comps - you are all :cool2:
  • Leylauk
    Kirstylou has just posted on another thread that this offer is also available on Organic milk priced at 79p so an even better deal!!!

Think a trip to Tesco is in order tonight.....
  • thepearce
    Forumite
    Leylauk wrote:
    Kirstylou has just posted on another thread that this offer is also available on Organic milk priced at 79p so an even better deal!!!

Think a trip to Tesco is in order tonight.....

Yep : http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=72774

Mentions milk. Just spent 10 mins checking all organic and free from on tesco.com for cheap items.... cheapest was 25p (and 34p, 48p etc.) I think I'm gonna go and buy a few test items ;)
  • Leylauk
    What was the item at 25p please thepearce?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family